SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Sage User

Building my first HTPC and have a question about SageTV supported hardware

I had just purchased a Thermaltake HTPC case with the 7-inch touch control screen.

Does SageTV have support for the 7-inch screen like it does in Vista MCE?

It would be nice to be able to browse through my movies, recorded tv shows, music, etc. on the front panel of my case without having to mess with the remote all the time. Especially music, I just don't want to have to turn the TV on so I can choose which music I want to listen to only to turn the TV back off.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Expert

The screen is basically treated as a second display and mouse right? If so then SageTV will work via mouse control so I don't see an issue with using it, though the default Sage interface works a little better with a mouse than SageMC does IMO.

Now as far as the content goes I don't know of any way to get Sage on multiple windows (i.e. picture on one window, interface on a second). So you'd probably have to set up your TV and the touchscreen as clones so they display the same stuff. This would be controlled by your graphics cards software. Only problem is that video may also be cloned to both, not ideal.

There may be some plug-ins that would help with this. The Web Server plug-in has a remote control feature that could work for this. Set up the screen as an expanded desktop and open the remote as a window in the touchscreen portion of the desktop with Sage on the main display.
Laptop: HP dm3z, AMD (1.6 GHz) 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, AMD HD3200 graphics, 13.3" widescreen LCD, Windows 7 x64/Sage placeshifter.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Sage User

OK, after doing a little more reading up I guess I was asking the wrong question.

So far my experience with Vista is limited so still learning here.

I guess the question I should have asked is does SageTV have a Vista gadget controls for the Vista Sidebar? From what I can tell, the Vista Sidebar gets moved to the 7-inch screen on my case for all the Vista sidebar gadgets.