SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
taylormadearmy

I have been running sagetv nova T-500 for quite a few weeks now, and it has been ok i had to change a system file. which has sorted out the blue screen problem.

Thanks

Paul
Hey Paul,

Can you give me some details of this change so I can try it?

Thanks!
T
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

sure no problem at all, i will get the file later and upload it somewhere so you can grab it.

Thanks

Paul
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

here is the file,

it goes on the windows home server in c:\windows\systems32\drivers

you need to copy the file over quickly

so select this file then press "ctrl,c" to copy the file, then go to the above location and rename the file to .old press enter quickley then "ctrl,v" as quick as possible, check the file size it should be 26k and not 27k wait a few min and then check the file is still there, the is because windows monitors the files and it is missing it will put the file back. took me 3 goes to get it to copy.

hope it helps

Paul
Attached Files
File Type: zip usbehci.zip (15.1 KB, 225 views)
Old 08-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
here is the file,

it goes on the windows home server in c:\windows\systems32\drivers

you need to copy the file over quickly

so select this file then press "ctrl,c" to copy the file, then go to the above location and rename the file to .old press enter quickley then "ctrl,v" as quick as possible, check the file size it should be 26k and not 27k wait a few min and then check the file is still there, the is because windows monitors the files and it is missing it will put the file back. took me 3 goes to get it to copy.

hope it helps

Paul
There is an easier way.
Turn off WFP (Windows File Protection) , rename the original to xxx.old and copy the new file in it's place.
Turn WFP back on and VOILA !!

I have included a utility that will turn WFP on and off for you.

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip wfps10.zip (25.7 KB, 216 views)
Old 08-19-2008, 05:11 PM

nova-t-500

I am considering changing from MythTV to SageTV (for the HD extender)

But I just have a question for those of you who have the nova-t-500 in the UK, I currently have three of these cards in my mythtv server, and I can record all freeview programs at once, can I do this with SageTV?

Cheers, Des.

(Oh and Hello btw )

Last edited by DesG; 08-19-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: to add Hello :)
Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG View Post
I currently have three of these cards in my mythtv server, and I can record all freeview programs at once, can I do this with SageTV?
Do you mean:
a) Can you record 6 programs at once? or
b) Can you record all the transport streams and split on viewing?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM

I mean

C) Can record (schedule) more than 6 programs simultaneously.

Cheers, Des.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

No, as far as my understanding goes, Sage can only schedule 1 concurrent recording per tuner. You're hoping it will record more than one thing from a single transport stream?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 08-20-2008, 11:36 AM

In a nutshell yes, MythTV allows this. I have set up 4 recordings per tuner so in theory I can record 24 programs at once (not that I ever have). But more than six is sometimes needed.

I take it this hasn't been discussed or isn't on any roadmap as a feature in SageTV?

I'll be keeping an eye on Sage in the future as I would really like the HD extenders to replace the xbox1's I currently use for playback around the house.

At the moment in the UK available HD channels are thin on the ground, I'm considering adding a s2 card to pick up the few HD channels on freesat, but I suppose I can wait until freeview launches HD and I have more HD TV's around the house before the lack of HD playback on XBMC on the xbox1's becomes a problem.

Thanks for th help.

Cheers, Des.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG View Post
I take it this hasn't been discussed or isn't on any roadmap as a feature in SageTV?
I've not heard it discussed. Sage records PS by default, can record TS but doesn't do what you ask. The best thing to do would be to submit a feature request to Sage via the support form, see what they say. I suspect it would be a significant change to the scheduling algorithm though...