SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

TSReader Plugin?? Attn: StephenM

I was wondering if there was anybody who was willing to create a TSReader plugin for SageTV. Since StephenM has already created a plugin, I was hoping that he would consider taking a shot at it. However if anyone else is game, I think there would be many people who would be very grateful including myself.

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Rob,
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler View Post
Since StephenM has already created a plugin, I was hoping that he would consider taking a shot at it.
TSReader is $99, this is way overpriced to use it as a recorder for SageTV (when DVBDream is free, and DVBViewer is 15€/23$)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

StephaneM there is a Lite version that is free. The reason why I am requesting this, is that DVBDream does not seem to produce HD TS streams that are compatible with the HD extender. However my understanding is that TSreader does produce TS streams that are compatible with Extender and work well.

Regarding the different version of TSreader it seams that the lite version, which is free, should decode h.264. Secondly, Mytheatre is also not free yet people still choose this program and have paid for it.

My argument is that it allows people to have choice to see which works best for them and there system. In addition many people would love to use there full capabilities of the HD extender but can't because of the limitations with DVDdream and its plugin.

Please consider as I think that there would be benefit.

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler View Post
StephaneM there is a Lite version that is free.
If I've done my homework properly the free version of TSReader cannot record and doesn't offer any API.

So you have right now four recorders plugins:

* DVBViewer Recorder plugin
* DVBDream plugin
* MyTheatre plugin
* Graph recorder plugin

There must be one that should work. If you choose DVBViewer and the H264 TS streams cannot be played by SageTV you will have support both from SageTV and DVBViewer (though with DVBViewer it might be a litte difficult to be heard at first, especially as they will not have any extender to test with, but I'm sure SageTV will know why the H264 TS stream can't play and pass along some information that you can forward to DVBViewer)

I would be really glad to help you with H264 streams, unfortunately I don't have access here to any H264 streams (in October 2008 I will certainly).

Regards,
Stéphane.