SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Sage User

Comskip missing after latest Sagetv update

I've just bought an HD extender, and had to upgrade my server to the latest version of Sage. Comskip was working until the new version got installed on my server. I can import the package, and see all the settings, but comskip is now missing from the menu and timeline on the playback of programs. I have tried reinstalling comskip, but no change. I haven't tried reinstalling sage yet.

Btw. If I load a previous application package of the earlier version of the Sage server, comskip is back.
I'm thinking, maybe a bad upgrade on the server?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

A new upgrade resets the SageTV3.xml to the new default that comes with the uograde. Just import the comskip stvi again and all should be well.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Sage User

I have imported the package after the upgrade. I get all the settings and configurations for comskip, but it still doesn't show up when viewing the programs, or show the timeline.
I have setup the program to be visible and run on automatic when the show starts. It still doesn't show up or work.

Jerry
Old 06-06-2008, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
I have imported the package after the upgrade. I get all the settings and configurations for comskip, but it still doesn't show up when viewing the programs, or show the timeline.
I have setup the program to be visible and run on automatic when the show starts. It still doesn't show up or work.

Jerry
Did you restart SageTV after the import?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Sage User

Yes, it has been restarted, then rebooted and restarted.
(just in case that was the problem)
Old 06-06-2008, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
Yes, it has been restarted, then rebooted and restarted.
(just in case that was the problem)
I'll try it myself tonight on my 6.4.3 server but it is working fine on my extenders.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Working fine here also. Have you also gone to the extender to make sure it is using the correct STV? (The latest) Even though you may have done the import on the server it doesn't mean it is using the correct STV on the extender. Check and see.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage User

OK , I downgraded the extender to a previous svt that had a working comskip.
now the extender has comskip and the server with the newer ver. of sage still does not have it com-skipping.
I'll have time to play around with it tomorrow morning. but at least I have comskip working for tonights viewing.
Were definately on to something with the SVTs.

If I use an earlier ver. of sage MC, comskip still comes back and is usable on the server.
I believe I also had this problem with the 2nd last upgrade.(some time ago) and I went back to the last ver. because of the same problem.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Just tried on my 6.4.3 server and comskip works fine for me not sure what to tell you.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Be sure you are using the latest version of the comskip import. The older versions of the import won't work with the newer versions of Sage.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
Be sure you are using the latest version of the comskip import. The older versions of the import won't work with the newer versions of Sage.
I'm using the newest comskip ver.
I'm starting to think It might be a bad install when I upgraded sageTV.
Might be time for a clean install, It's been upgraded since ver. 4 was new.
I'm going to play around with it today for a couple hrs.
I'll post my findings. It might help someone else.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Sage User

I fixed the comskip problem.
I started a new directory with all new comskip files and installs.
deleted all the old comskip stuff, and did a reinstall again. reinstalled the new files into sageTV again.
And what do you know, It's back to working with the new ver. of sage. the extender works with the new ver. of everything also.
Thanks for steering my in the right direction. It could have been an cross-install, with so many updates and file fixes and so on.
I also reinstalled MC again before I did my new comskip import.

I do have another problem on the server though.
When I watch a recording, it opens another window to view in behind the Sage window. but the timeline and controls stay in the sage window.

I just thought I would keep you guys on your toes. LOL

I'm sure it's a setting somewhere. (I hope)

Jerry