SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

HDHR just setup and now EPG has No Data

I just totally re-setup my HDHR. It had worked for years, then it stopped due to some channel re-mapping by my cable co. I didn't have time to remap everything so I simply removed HDHR as a source. Now I just set it up once again, the HDHR seems to be doing it's thing well. But for those channels that are onloy held by the HDHR (like HD channels) it says "No Data" on the EPG. I made sure the call name in sagetv matched the call name in the hdhr setup (like WMPTDT matched WMPTDT on the hdhr setup program).

What am I missing?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

I bought the HDHomerun and for the life of me can not figure out how to do this remapping crap. For example i have MCE500 dual tuner. Now i have the hdhomerun. So basically two analog and two digital. what i am trying to do is get rid of channel 7 SD and map Channel 7 HD and use the SD EPG since i can not get EPG on the HD side. I hope someone can help me figure this out. it is driving me nuts here.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
I bought the HDHomerun and for the life of me can not figure out how to do this remapping crap. For example i have MCE500 dual tuner. Now i have the hdhomerun. So basically two analog and two digital. what i am trying to do is get rid of channel 7 SD and map Channel 7 HD and use the SD EPG since i can not get EPG on the HD side. I hope someone can help me figure this out. it is driving me nuts here.
You need to pick a seperate lineup from what you picked for the MCE500. If yo have cable pick the basic cable analog lineup for the MCE500. For the HDHR pick the cable digital lineup and pick the extended listing. You should have done a channel scan with the HDHR using its software and have a load of channels in the format 1-82-1 for example. And lets say that is your ABC-HD channel. Find it in the Sage guide (don't do a scan within Sage-tell it no.) and do physical remap to the first number only. In this case 1. Only enable the stations that pickup HD like your locals. SO when you're done the MCE500 handles all your analog stations below 100 and the HDHR handles the clearQAM HD stations.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks.... What about the "No Data". Is there a way to tell it it use the Analog channels EPG data?.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I just totally re-setup my HDHR. It had worked for years, then it stopped due to some channel re-mapping by my cable co. I didn't have time to remap everything so I simply removed HDHR as a source. Now I just set it up once again, the HDHR seems to be doing it's thing well. But for those channels that are onloy held by the HDHR (like HD channels) it says "No Data" on the EPG. I made sure the call name in sagetv matched the call name in the hdhr setup (like WMPTDT matched WMPTDT on the hdhr setup program).

What am I missing?
Did you have EPG data for these channels previously, and is the channel mapped to the correct station from some lineup in SageTV?

If they were OTA-only channels, I would wonder whether SageTV even has access to the EPG data for them, but if they are on a cable lineup, SageTV should be able to get the listings from Zap2it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
Thanks.... What about the "No Data". Is there a way to tell it it use the Analog channels EPG data?.
Have you tried using the "Map Different Station to this Physical Channel" remapping option?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting my signal from clear QAM from Comcast, for each of the channels like WNUVDT (which is our local CBS affiliate on channel 201) I have checked with Zap2it website. It has an entry for each of the channels listed and says "WNUVDT". The only thing I have not done is gointo the advanced setup in HDHR setup and put in the "guide number".

Think that is my problem?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Administrator

How did you do the channel setup for the cable connection on the HDHR? Did you follow all of SiliconDust's instructions?

Are you remapping the physical channel number for the existing channels on the lineup that match the ones you found in the HDHR scan? If you are just adding channels by station name, I don't know that it would find anything for EPG data.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry I am not explaining very well...

"Referring back to the HDHomeRun channel editor, for each channel:
Find the channel by Name in SageTV.
Click "Remap" for the channel in SageTV.
Choose "Map to Different Physical Channel Number".
Enter the "x" part of the "x-y-z" remap number for that channel shown in the HDHomeRun channel editor.
Click on the channel name in SageTV to enable the channel. (a green dot will appear next to the channel name)
Repeat for all channels.
"

I did these steps exactly.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Normally, the lack of EPG data would be related to manually adding a channel that was not already part of a cable or satellite lineup or for an OTA-only channel. Channels that are already included in a cable lineup that you select in SageTV should always have EPG data available.

So, let's back up and try something else... if the channels that you are remapping were originally in the cable lineup that SageTV downloaded, then they should have EPG data available. Check this FAQ, paying attention to the part about a property to be removed while SageTV is not running at all.

If that FAQ doesn't help, then try contacting support because I'm missing something about your setup in terms of where the channel is coming from & how it is getting to be part of the lineup, and therefore why it might not have EPG data.

- Andy
Old 06-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Sage Expert

Pat,
Another test to try is to enable any dozen channels in your HDHR Comcast 'mycity'-digital lineup and then see if any EPG data shows up.

Quote:
I made sure the call name in sagetv matched the call name in the hdhr setup (like WMPTDT matched WMPTDT on the hdhr setup program).
This isn't necessary. So long as you first find the station in SageTV then assign the 'x' of the 'x-y-z' physical channel number you should get both the EPG and the proper video feed from the HDHR.

But if the above 'dozen' test doesn't work then there's something wrong with SageTV and you may want to remove the tuner, restart the SageTV PC, and start the SiliconDust install from the beginning.

EDIT: It's also important not to use the Channel Scan feature. Using it will create duplicate Logical Channels and cause havoc with the EPG.

Last edited by Conejo; 06-07-2008 at 12:30 AM.