SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

stretch mode not working for HDPVR content

Hi Guys,
I am not sure this is a bug, so I am not sure I should report it or not. Give me your opinions.

I just installed my HDPVR this weekend. It is working great. The one thing I noticed however is that on recordings that the HDPVR has recorded it does not resize the picture. If it is broadcast in widescreen I will get a gray bar along the bottom and top (my tv is 16x9). If it is broadcast in 4x3 I will get a gray bar along the sides. I have my extender (watching this on my HD extender) set to "Fill" the video, and recordings captured by ANY other source it will fill perfectly. It is just the HDPVR recordings that seem to ignore the "Fill" setting.

Other sources I have are HDHR, SVid capture form a STB, and Analog capture (hauppauge pvr-150 and pvr-500). All of these listen to the Fill setting, the HDPVR does not.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

If those bars are gray I would think your TV is doing that. ANything from Sage and the HD-PVR show up with black bars if they are SD for me. Most of what I record are HD so I only recorded a few SD for testing.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Sage

Check to make sure your 'Display Aspect Ratio' is set properly in Setup->Detailed Setup->Multimedia.

I recall seeing an issue one day like this while we were testing that device; and the DAR setting turned out to be the cause.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am experiencing the same thing. I just set up a HDPVR and when a show is recorded with it that is not broadcast in HD using the fill aspect ratio, in Sage does not stretch the video to fill the screen on my 16x9 HDTV. However when I record something using one of my SD tuners (Nvidia Dual TV) it automatically plays in full screen. As I have configured the property files of the HD extenders to use "fill" as the default AR. Also in the Sage properties file the default AR is set to fill. Any ideas? THANX!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I am experiencing the same thing. I just set up a HDPVR and when a show is recorded with it that is not broadcast in HD using the fill aspect ratio, in Sage does not stretch the video to fill the screen on my 16x9 HDTV. However when I record something using one of my SD tuners (Nvidia Dual TV) it automatically plays in full screen. As I have configured the property files of the HD extenders to use "fill" as the default AR. Also in the Sage properties file the default AR is set to fill. Any ideas? THANX!

Is the HD PVR recording an HD channel that just has the SD content on it so that the HD PVR is actually recording the side black bars from the STB?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, my HDPVR is configured to only record HD channels. However not all shows on the HD channels are broadcast in HD. I never thought it could be recording the black bars from the broadcast. Can anyone else confirm this? THANX!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

For playing this on an HD100, you can create a custom aspect ratio; see this post & maybe the posts directly above that one.

I haven't tried the same type of recording on a PC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

THANX! So would I copy:
Code:
Panoramic 4x3 from 16x9|blackstrip\=0,600|cutstrip\=0,0|nonlinearmode\=1,1|source\=2048,2048,3006,4096,FrontEdgeToCenter,FrontEdgeToCenter,Relative,Relative,Relative,Relative
into each HD extender's properties file? THANX!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Yes, you could copy it to any extender's property file. If they don't already contain the custom AR property, then you could put it into the server's sage.properties & it would be a default value for any extenders that don't yet have the property.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had this issue originally, but I just changed the settings on my cable box to stretch all to fit. This causes the stream going to the HDPVR to be pre-stretched.