SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Sage User

Video files being imported as music, help please?

I'm taking this weekend to give SageTV trial another go. The problem I'm having is 42 files are being imported as music when they are actually video files.

I started with importing my entire video library (yes to import video, no to pictures and music). Then I noticed that 42 files were showing up as music and not appearing in Sage's video library. I tried renaming them and forcing reimports as well as changing their extensions to mpg and mp4. The reimports worked (the old file names were removed and the new file names replaced them) but they were still showing up as music.

I've searched this board and came up with no answer so I'm posting in the hopes of help.

The files were originally *.ts extensions (which is in my sage.properties under video import extensions property). They are files from my company from a documentary series they are producing. The file specs are:

-Mpeg1TS video stream (transport stream non-broadcast format)
-DTS audio stream

So now I've:

1) Removed all import directories
2) Moved these files to a separate directory
3) Only imported these files and made sure (checked properties file) that it was only importing video, not music or pictures.

What I've done today to troubleshoot:

- Renamed extentions, file names and everything.
- Removed all lines in the properties files for music
- Made sure Mplayer (what I understand is the dshow player in SageTV) can actually play these files and they can, no problem
- Searched this forum for different properties files options that migh help and tried al of them in both sage.properies and sageclient.properties
- Tried importing in service mode and non-serivce mode
- Deleted wiz.bin and tried again multiple times with all of these differences

So, its quite frustrating and I am wondering how can I tell sage that these are video files? How can I force it to actually listen to itself, when its set to not import music (this would seem to be the dumbest part of this ).

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

It sounds like an issue in v6.3.10 -- if that's the version you are using, try the v6.4.3 beta instead. If you are using the beta, then submit a bug report.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Sage User

Thanks! I'm pretty green to SageTV. I downloaded the trial from the main site. Where do I find the beta? And can I also ask is it stable for a Sage noob to try?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherce View Post
I downloaded the trial from the main site. Where do I find the beta?
There is a whole forum section for betas, but the easiest way to find it would be to see the link in my sig lines.

Quote:
And can I also ask is it stable for a Sage noob to try?
I use the latest betas on my main system all the time, so I think it is stable. Plus, if you are running into an issue that should be fixed in the beta, the bug fixes in the beta are the only way you'll resolve it.

I suggest you give it a try over the weekend -- there is a sticky topic in the beta forum about how to install a new version of SageTV, which covers backing up your current installation before trying a beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Thank you!