SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:42 PM

SageTV and WHS install

One more odd behavior I am seeing with my Sage install...

I am running Sage on my HP MediaSmart WHS server and have found something odd when I do Sage updates....

I download the latest MSI, copy it to the Add-ins folder, stop the sage service, then install the new version (currently the 6.4.4 beta). It gets so far installing, but then says "SageTV" is still running when it is trying to install. If I cancel the install, I see that Sage is now gone, and if I install it again, it installs just fine. I can also tell it to "ignore" and it will install this way as well. Then if I go back to the Add-ins install, it still shows the previous versions in the list of installed Add-ins. If I try to uninstall, it tells me the uninstall failed.

I have also tried to uninstall everything, and reinstall the newest version, but the previous versions are still listed. Is this just a bug, or did I do something wrong???

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1227 View Post
One more odd behavior I am seeing with my Sage install...

I am running Sage on my HP MediaSmart WHS server and have found something odd when I do Sage updates....

I download the latest MSI, copy it to the Add-ins folder, stop the sage service, then install the new version (currently the 6.4.4 beta). It gets so far installing, but then says "SageTV" is still running when it is trying to install. If I cancel the install, I see that Sage is now gone, and if I install it again, it installs just fine. I can also tell it to "ignore" and it will install this way as well. Then if I go back to the Add-ins install, it still shows the previous versions in the list of installed Add-ins. If I try to uninstall, it tells me the uninstall failed.

I have also tried to uninstall everything, and reinstall the newest version, but the previous versions are still listed. Is this just a bug, or did I do something wrong???

Thanks!
I don't know if it's a bug or not. I don't install mine that way. The first time I installed it I put it in the add-ons folder. Since then, I just remote into my WHS server, navigate to wherever I put the new file when I downloaded it, and run it.. Seems to stop the service, install the new stuff, deletes the old stuff, and then starts the service back up...
Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

haven't run into that problem yet and haven't updated to 6.4.4. Normally, I stop the service, uninstall the old version and install new version.

Routers: DIR-655 and DIR-825 Bridges: 2xDAP-1522.
Installed: WHS OS, SageTV for WHS, PlayOn and Orb.
SageTV Plugins: PlayOn in OnLine Services.
SageTV clients: HD-200->Samsung LN52A750 and HD-100->Samsung LN40A650
Clients: 5 HP laptops, home built PC, iMac, PS3, PSP, XBox360, 3 iPhones 3gs (through OrbLive).
Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 AM
Sage User

With WHS it is most important to use the add-on install/uninstall tab under the settings in the console!

You must first uninstall the previous version and then install the newer version.

I've been installing betas on and on for a while with no issues.