SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tuner setup

Thanx to several Sage users at AVSForums, I have decided to change from Vista Media Center to Sage..

I have multiple tuners I am tring to get setup.. The HD HomeRun got running with min issues (well, still no sound on 1 channel in Sage (local CBS HD).. If I open that channel in VLC or Media Center, there is sound)..

Hauppauge PVR-150.. This is kinda wierd to me, as I didnt start having this issue till Sage, but Ill have S-Video selected as the video source, but the video (audio is ok) appears to be comming from the tuner.. reboot, reselect s-video, reboot.. solved.. till it randomdly reappears (no issue in Media Center)..

I started playing with FireWire when I decided to start playing with Sage.. No issues getting video/audio across FW.. No issues getting the STB to accept commands via FW (channel mostly).. I would like to get FW setup for channel changing for the Hauppauge tunner (not really sure how to do this as most of the FW threads deal with using it as a capture source)

One last thing.. Is there a way to change/add the aspect ratio for a zoom option (i used this alot in Media Center.. mostly for stuff like CSI on a SD channel or HD channel via s-video - 16:9 content brodcast at 4:3.. so there are black bars all around
Old 06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
I have multiple tuners I am tring to get setup.. The HD HomeRun got running with min issues (well, still no sound on 1 channel in Sage (local CBS HD).. If I open that channel in VLC or Media Center, there is sound)..
Sounds like a codec issue. You might want to try some of the other settings available under Detailed Setup >>> Video / Audio
Check your setting under "Audio Renderer" and try another codec under "MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter"

I've been using the AC3 Filter and, while it's running in the Windows Task Tray, have set it up to give me 3.0 Output on my Stereo Altec/Lansing 2.1 speakers giving me nice even audio.