SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Sage User

SageTV stops recording and LiveTV locks up...

I have installed SageTV 2.0.11 and I am also using TVTool to resize the display. SageTV installs fine and ran ok for a few hours. Now, when setting it to record shows it starts to record the scheduled show but stops recording anywhere from within a few minutes of the start time to about 15 minutes into the show. When this happens, SageTV still responds properly but the LiveTV screen is just a black screen. If I go into the guide and change channels it will still only display a black screen and will not resume playing live TV or recording until I fully exit SageTV and restart the program.

Last nght I scheduled it to record 5 different shows on various channels. When I checked it this morning it had recorded about 15 minutes of the first show and nothing else. It was also stuck on the black screen and nothing short of restarting SageTV would get it to begin playing LiveTV or a recorded show.

I am using the PowerDVD codecs and also using the Overlay to display the video via the S-Video out on my video card.

System:

AMD 1000mhz
512 MB PC133 memory
Asus Geforce2 MX 32MB Video
PVR-250 Card
WinXP Pro
Latest released video and tv card drivers.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Other than this problem I really like V2 and would like to keep it running but at this point it is unusable.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 02-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had just the same problem 10' ago. I was watching live TV and playing with the screen size adjustments and suddenly, the picture was still. The UI worked but no possibility to restart the show... until I restart SageTV

Ferdinand
Old 02-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do you still get sound when this happens?

I've noticed picture lockups when I'm looking through the tv guide - the first channel I look at plays in the little preview window just fine, but when I switch channels it freezes and the sound continues.

It doesn't even try to change the channel of the preview to match the channel I've selected in the list - or maybe it does, and that's what causes the problem?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Sage User

No, I don't get sound or anything. Sage just completely stops recording. The last time it happened I programed it to record an hour long show and it must have froze up right at the beginning. The file size was only 5MB and it only recorded the first few seconds of the show.

I've since uninstalled V2 and reinstalled V1.4 without making any other changes to drivers or other settings and V1.4 has been up and running for almost 3 days now without a reboot, so it's obviously a V@ problem and not driver or hardware related.

-Rob
Old 02-06-2004, 07:45 AM

Was Sage 2 in Sleep mode when this happened?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Sage User

No, I always leave it in fullscreen. It happens either while watching tv or with just the main menu displayed while it's recording.....

-Rob
Old 02-06-2004, 07:52 AM

If it was not in Sleep then video card drivers and Directx9 come into play. If you try 2.0 again, and it happens again try disabling VMR9 (use Overlay) and disable 3D acceleration. That might help to narrow it down as it will be working more like 1.4 at that point.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Sage User

I was already using overlay since that gave a much better picture than VMR9 so I can rule that out. I did have 3D acceleration enablerd so maybe I'll try turning that off. Thanks for the help.

-Rob
Old 02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

3d acceleration?

What's 3d acceleration supposed to do on a 2d picture?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

If you use VMR9 it uses the 3d acceleration of your card to help create the picture.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.