SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to pagelmcb Send a message via AIM to pagelmcb Send a message via MSN to pagelmcb Send a message via Yahoo to pagelmcb
wiz.bak file

I ended up moving some files on my hard drive (previous saved videos were on both the D and E drives) I copied the E drive files over to the D drive and restarted the HTPC. I noticed later that the transferred files were only available in the imported video area within sage. I didn't have time to mess it at that point but a couple days later I transferred the files back to the E drive. The files are still not showing up in the recording directory within Sage.

I am trying to get these restored.

The only wiz.bin file that I had, I thought was from before the transfer, but nothing changed after the transfer (and I made sure that sage and the service were off when I copied it over).

So now I am hoping that wiz.bak can be used but I have read that it is rewritten every day when the EPG is done.

Is this true, is it likely the wiz.bak is also not old enough to restore everything? Am I just stuck with these recordings in the imported videos area, or is there something else I should try?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Have you checked this info?
FAQ: How to move files, change recording dirs, etc.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to pagelmcb Send a message via AIM to pagelmcb Send a message via MSN to pagelmcb Send a message via Yahoo to pagelmcb
I am at work now. I will try that when I get home later today. Thanks!

Last edited by pagelmcb; 07-10-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Well it didnt work for me.

I had to upgrade from 6.0.19 to 6.4.4 today. I havent had any issues in the past year and a half, so I never upgraded... Many of these files were recorded by sage recently but simply not recognized as sage files now. they are still named with number code at the end of the file name. They show up in as imported media, just not as sage recordings.

the sage.properties file that I checked after the upgrade did not have a setting labled "advanced_video_file_recovery" so I added it and added the =true after, but still no go. and sage and the service were off at the time...

am I missing something or am I going to have to just deal with these files being 'imported' ?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Since the loss of recordings happened in v6.0 and you don't have a backup of wiz.bin, it is entirely possible that the airing info is no longer in the database, so there is nothing to match the recordings with.

There is mention in the FAQ of trying to look up & rename the files to match the Airing ID number shown in the webserver, so that is one other thing you can try. Some airings may still be in the database if they were watched, but if they were just recorded & nothing further happened with them, they could have been removed from the db.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.