SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Music Playlists on Extender

Hi.....

I have many music playlists on the Server (which is also a client). How do I see these playlists on an extender?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Are they playlists shown in SageTV on the PC? They should be there at the same place in the UI on the extender as on the PC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Andy,

These are playlists created by Sage (with different names) and, I would guess, are stored on the main sage server (the main sage server is also a client that runs on a TV set).

Stacy
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Any playlist created in SageTV should be available to all clients. The only one that is client-specific is the "Now Playing" playlist, but you can copy that to a new playlist if you want to save it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

It's not there. No playlists are showing up on the extender. Any suggestions?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Administrator

All music playlists should be listed in the Music browser in the Playlist view.

What STV are you using?

Do you have multiple servers set up & the extender is connected to a different server? Is SageTV running as a service & the UI is also acting as a server somehow?

- Andy
Old 07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

STV 6.4.4.8

Only one server. It's the one the HD100 is connected to.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I don't know why the playlists wouldn't be available on the extender. Is everything else the same on both the PC & extender -- same recordings, for example?

Are you running the default STV w/o any customizations in both places - PC client & extender? What is all the STV-related info on the System Information screen? (STV file & file set version)

Is SageTV running in service mode on the server? Power off the extender & use the Home button to restart it at the servers menu - does it list any unexpected servers? What happens if you close the UI on the server & try to connect w/the extender?

What OS is the server using? I'm asking about extra servers because I've heard of situations where the service & UI were both trying to be servers in certain Vista situations.

- Andy
Old 07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

Andy.....

How do I begin?

I have so much egg on my face.......

This is what I get for listening to a 6-year old, looking at the screen he is showing me and not looking around for myself.

It is there. My son didn't scroll down the screen enough and thought his music playlist wasn't there. He then proceeded to build a new one, which showed 0 entries.

Unfortunately, in my haste, that is all I saw before I wrote in the forum of a suspected problem. Had I scrolled down one line, I would have seen his original playlist.

I am very sorry for wasting your time.

Stacy
Old 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Heh... oh well. I once had a problem where all the recordings on my work PC were just blank black screens. I had switched the tuner to svideo input to answer a forum question about IR options & forgot to set it back to TV Tuner, but I didn't notice it until I started using a new core for some other testing. It was quite confusing for a while.

- Andy