SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Anyone got any ideas how to get the alternate player to not pop up script errors for the adds on the Pandora web site when run with the import?
I have seen some random script errors that have popped up from time to time - but they seem to go away. I'll look to see if I can suppress the errors in the browser to see if you can get past them.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Sage User

How are you controlling the Pandora window? Keystrokes? Have you tried using winmove to move the window off of the screens view so that the user never sees sage loose focus?

If you use sendkeys, try using sendmessage and you might be able to keep the window hidden. I'm pretty good at windows automation so if you want you can send me the source and I can see what I can do.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Red face

EDIT: Oops.. how embarrassing! Sorry I responded on the wrong thread. Please dont be too rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinefer View Post
How are you controlling the Pandora window? Keystrokes? Have you tried using winmove to move the window off of the screens view so that the user never sees sage loose focus?

If you use sendkeys, try using sendmessage and you might be able to keep the window hidden. I'm pretty good at windows automation so if you want you can send me the source and I can see what I can do.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-21-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think it's best not to mess with moving or hiding the player window since it is good to be able to see it if there are any problems. If you use the "alternate player" you can move it off screen as soon as you launch it (or perhaps automate this on Windows startup).
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage User

I've just tested the plugin, doesn't seem to work at all for me, constantly errors.

If you don't mind sharing, how does sage communicate with your program?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

not to beat a dead horse

But since Pandora works fine in IE8 just wondering if it is likely that the plugin can be fixed as is or if the best/only route is the alternate player. Just don't want to install anything extra if it may not be necessary.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've just tested the plugin, doesn't seem to work at all for me, constantly errors.

If you don't mind sharing, how does sage communicate with your program?
It uses network socket communication but that most likely has nothing to do with any browser (Internet Explorer) errors you are seeing.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
But since Pandora works fine in IE8 just wondering if it is likely that the plugin can be fixed as is or if the best/only route is the alternate player. Just don't want to install anything extra if it may not be necessary.
You should know that there is really no "installation" necessary for the alternate player. You just have to rename some files and copy some additional files which you can easily reverse later.

I must admit that I have not listened to Pandora in a while. I found it very repetitive - almost like it was playing a "playlist" for my stations which seems to go completely against what Pandora is all about.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

sounds like you need to make use of the 'add variety' feature... i still use this plugin quite often.. (mostly when cleaning the house though.. so not sure i really 'love it'.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Sage User

Have to manually click go to previous page

I just installed the plugin. It opens a browser window and I get an error dialog box which I have to click OK on. The window which opened has an error page with a "go to previous page" link. I click that, and pandora starts and works. Then it seems fine, except pause doesn't work.

Do I need to switch to the alternate player? Or has this thing fallen out of maintainence?

-Ryan
Old 10-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had to switch to the alternate player to get it to start working again.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage User

Yes switching to the Alternate Player worked.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Alternate player update

I started listening to Pandora again for the holiday stations. I updated the "alternate player" to work with 64-bit systems and to hide script error messages to hopefully avoid some problems (see first post).
Old 11-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I started listening to Pandora again for the holiday stations.
Help Craig! I need my holiday music! I haven't been able to use the Pandora player in several months. This is one my favorite additions to SageTV. I installed the new alternate player hoping it would fix my problem but it did not. I've tried the original player and the alternate player with same results. When using the alternate player I start SagePandoraPlayer.exe and a windows is displayed that says "Waiting for a connection". So I start the SageTV client and try to connect to the player. When I do this the attached error is displayed. What can I do to fix the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pandora_error.JPG (26.6 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by mbowling; 11-30-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I've never seen that error. Can you open Pandora ok in Internet Explorer on its own?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, Pandora plays fine in Internet Explorer. The Pandora player worked normally for many months in SageTV. I'm not sure what happened to cause this problem. Maybe I should start from scratch. Is there a way to completely uninstall and reinstall the player?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

There is really no "installation" for the player - it just involves copying or deleting SagePandoraPlayer.exe. The installation of Internet Explorer is what it depends on which is what makes it so difficult to troubleshoot.

Make sure you try the updated "alternate player" that I recently posted. Some other things to try: 1) Clear out all your browsing history (cookies, etc.) in Internet Options. 2) If using Windows Firewall or similar software turn off the firewall temporarily to see if it is blocking access. 3) Last resort - upgrade or reinstall Internet Explorer.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I wish Sage could work out some deal for direct Pandora access so we wouldn't have to deal with using a browser and all the trouble it brings.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Problem wit buttons not working

Thanks for the plugin it looks great but I can't get it working 100%.
I am running SageTV in a WHS and a SageTV client on a windows 7 64 bit machine. I am using the alternate method. I run the sageplayer and then connect to server in SageTV. It connects properly and plays music however the skip, thumbs up and thumbs down buttons don't work. When I click the button it tells me it is doing the function but nothing happens. The Song Info button does work. Also the Station button creates a blurry blue overlay but nothing else is on the screen.

I removed everything and repeated the install. I turned off the firewall.

Do I need to do anything on the WHS side? I did install the plugin there just in case. It made no difference.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

For the buttons issue it sounds like you may have not overwritten PandoraWinCom.exe with the one from AlternatePlayer.zip. I would try again following the instructions for the alternate player "installation".

For the stations selection menu, did you set your stations ID properly as detailed in the downloads/setup page?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Sage User

For the station problem I had put in the entire string, not just my ID. So that problem if fixed. Thanks!
For the button problem, I closed SageTV, deleted the 2 files in cncb, leaving the lib folder, copied and unziped the AlternatePlayer.zip to the cncb folder, restarted sageTV. those 3 buttons still don't work all others do.
I tried turning off the firewall and anti virus and I rebooted. Even without those buttons it's still a helpfull plugin.