SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Sage User

Great work!

Thanks for another awesome plugin!

Wanted to let you know that I have this running on my HD extender through my extra tuner. The channel change didn't seem to work, but I might have missed something. (Set the properties setting to "1" to tune my s-video input, but the channel didn't change.)

EDIT - I just realized that I was changing the wrong properties file. As soon as I edited the file for my extender and restarted, all is working quite well.

Is there an easy way for me to hide the video preview window when on the Pandora screen? (Don't need to see my server's desktop when you have all the info in the plugin.) But I suppose if the preview screen was hidden, the audio wouldn't be playing either....oh well.

Rockin.

Robb

Last edited by snapdaddy; 07-15-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdaddy View Post
Thanks for another awesome plugin!

Wanted to let you know that I have this running on my HD extender through my extra tuner. The channel change didn't seem to work, but I might have missed something. (Set the properties setting to "1" to tune my s-video input, but the channel didn't change.)

Is there an easy way for me to hide the video preview window when on the Pandora screen? (Don't need to see my server's desktop when you have all the info in the plugin.)

Rockin.

Robb
Craig, you should be able to inhibit the preview window (at least in SageMC) by defining the attribute "DisableVideoPreview" in the top level of that screen and set the value property to true to always disable it or even some logical expression to only disable the preview when you are configured for the extender. I came across the same issue when converting over the SlimPlayer with the extender hack.

Morgan
Old 07-16-2008, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Strange. You could try a different communication port for the Pandora Player in case there is some kind of conflict. Shut down Sage and modify "pandora/port" in the properties file.
I modified the port (subtracted 100 from the port that it was using before) and it seems to work okay now. Thanks,
Old 07-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, Morgan.

snapdaddy, I will try to include this in a future update.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I gotta do some troubleshooting and figure out if its this FX5500 not outputting through the s vid or the purple plug on the HD Wonder not getting the s vid signal.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
...Internet Explorer cannot connect to site http://www.Pandora.com/?cmd=mini. This occurs after the player begins to load and then it stops and displays a this program cannot display the webpage screen. When I try this manually through IE, no problem. What am I doing wrong?

uuhh wait, if I close the IE error window really fast, Pandora will continue to load. Weird.
Upgraded to IE 8 Beta 1...error message problem is solved.

Last edited by skyeclad; 07-17-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

So far I'm liking this. I have not set it up on my extender, YET... But I plan on it sometime in the next week.

Great work on this....The only trouble I had was my own fault...forgetting to SAVE THE NEW MENU in SageMC...D'oh....
Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm a little confused...will this plugin get me internet radio on an MVP extender?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
I'm a little confused...will this plugin get me internet radio on an MVP extender?
It will give you just Pandora internet radio on your MVP and only if you use the tv tuner "hack" described in the other thread.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

I think that this effort is great. Maybe someday Sage will officially support it (is there a means to submit feature requests - I see bugs go to an email box)?

As this effort matures, I would really love to see a step by step guide that outlines how to get this up and running for extenders. I see the link that is referenced, but I think the bar of entry for us extender-folk is lowered with a guide. If I get adventurous, I can try to compose such a guide I suppose...

I love Pandora, and I think that more and more of us are ONLY using extenders to stream. Adding this feature really ups the value of my SageTV install!

Thanks for the work on the plugin.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Alternative "Hack" For Extenders

I just set up an alternative "hack" to get audio from Pandora when using my HD100 extender. Using some spare parts that I had lying around I am piping digital audio straight to my receiver and just using the extender for controlling the Pandora player. I hacked together an S/PDIF cable to connect to my server's motherboard header with an old CD-ROM cable and RCA audio cable. I have some coax cable (F-type) to RCA adapters so I piped the digital audio into a spare RG6 cable I have running to my family room and from there into the coax s/pdif (CD) input on my A/V receiver. And now I get digital audio from Pandora without having to use a spare tv tuner. Not a solution for everyone but it is working well for me.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Maybe I'm missing something here, I thought there's already a SageMC addon for Pandora, Sirius Radio, Slacker Radio, Podcasts, and Shoutcasts using Slimplayer; with ability to select "next song", "don't like", "like songs" with the sageTV remote control.

I've been able to to select from 1 simple "favorites" list of radio stations for Pandora, Slacker, Sirius, Podcasts, and Shoutcast stations all in one interface; been doing it for months:

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 07-20-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here, I thought there's already a SageMC addon for Pandora, Sirius Radio, Slacker Radio, Podcasts, and Shoutcasts using Slimplayer; with ability to select "next song", "don't like", "like songs" with the sageTV remote control.

I've been able to to select from 1 simple "favorites" list of radio stations for Pandora, Slacker, Sirius, Podcasts, and Shoutcast stations all in one interface; been doing it for months:
I for one couldn't get that plug-in to work. I'm pretty sure it was a hardware issue and was never able to resolve it.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Yes, but I believe you have to have SlimServer and a paid subscription for that to work.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

The slimserver solution was not good for me either.

This Pandora plugin is simple, lightweight on the server and works great.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just cant get the dam audio over to the HD100 so I will give the slimserver one a shot, whats the paid sub all about?

Doesnt work on extender either.....dam I would love some of these to work on the HD100 without jumping through hoops and hacks.

Last edited by Zippster; 07-18-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I did pay a small fee for pandora. But it wasn't only because of slimplayer... I also use softsqueeze at work. I also pay for Sirius Radio (since I have that in my car as well).

I guess if I listened to Pandora exclusively for all my radio needs, I'd definitely use the Pandora Internet Radio STV. Unfortunately, Pandora doesnt have what Slacker and Sirius Radio have to offer and visa versa.... so I needed one interface that does it all in a simple interface under SageMC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure what I've done wrong. I have it playing okay. I can control and pause and even exit the Pandora Player just fine. However when I go to change stations I don't see any stations to select. I have two stations but neither show in the select station box. Any suggestions on where to look for trouble shooting?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
Not sure what I've done wrong. I have it playing okay. I can control and pause and even exit the Pandora Player just fine. However when I go to change stations I don't see any stations to select. I have two stations but neither show in the select station box. Any suggestions on where to look for trouble shooting?
Did you setup your stations id correctly (see instructions on download page)?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.1 Update

I just posted an update that allows you to see Artist information, search for an Artist, and create a station from an Artist (see download page for some additional screenshots).