SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Administrator

To return to this topic...

falchulk says he has his whole PC set to go to sleep when he closes Sage. But, how about the rest of you using:

ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm=true

Again, my results are that when SageTV is set this way & I have power management turned on for the monitor, the monitor will not turn off when SageTV is open -- that is what I expect. However, when I put SageTV to sleep, the monitor still does not turn off. (Yes, the monitor would turn off after the set amount of time before I started SageTV.) Shouldn't the monitor be allowed to turn off when SageTV is sleeping? For others using this setting, does your monitor turn off when SageTV is sleeping? I don't know if this is a bug or if something still isn't set correctly on my system. Thanks for your input.

- Andy
Old 03-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to mwhitlock
Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
To return to this topic...

falchulk says he has his whole PC set to go to sleep when he closes Sage. But, how about the rest of you using:

ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm=true

Again, my results are that when SageTV is set this way & I have power management turned on for the monitor, the monitor will not turn off when SageTV is open -- that is what I expect. However, when I put SageTV to sleep, the monitor still does not turn off. (Yes, the monitor would turn off after the set amount of time before I started SageTV.) Shouldn't the monitor be allowed to turn off when SageTV is sleeping? For others using this setting, does your monitor turn off when SageTV is sleeping? I don't know if this is a bug or if something still isn't set correctly on my system. Thanks for your input.

- Andy
I'm running SageTV 2.0.13 and noticing the same issue. Evidently Sage is not releasing its lock on the monitor power management when it is put to sleep. I'd like my monitor's power management to work when Sage is sleeping. Should be a simple fix. It was working properly in 1.4.