SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

SageCommand and Service mode...

I am using Sage TV 6.3.10 with GKusnick's Studio Tools. If Sage TV is not running in Service mode, I can send a command like sageAPI.global.SageCommand("Live TV") and it works just fine. If I try that in Service mode, then nothing happens, I suspect it is sending it to the Service part, rather than the UI part...

Since sageAPI = API.apiLocalUI, I don't understand why it is not actually executed by the local UI... According to gkusnick.sagetv.api, apiLocalUI = new API("SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI"), which seems fine... I tried using the Mac ID instead, but got the same behavior.

So, any ideas why the local UI is not receiving its commands when Sage TV is run in service mode?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

The service has no local UI. When you use service mode, the server UI runs in a separate process. You need to load your Java class into that UI process (via SageClient.properties) if you want to be able to control it with the SageCommand API.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, that makes sense. I guess I'll need to load it from both sage*.properties file in order to do everything I want.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, that worked well!

Now I don't suppose there is an easy way to have a SageTV client come in focus when I launch Live TV through the SageCommand? I could enumerate the windows or such if it was local, but on a remote machine that would probably be more complicated... I tried setting it to full screen, but that still left it unfocused, behind my application.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

There's no Sage API for it, if that's what you mean. Managing app focus is up to the host OS. In Windows, if the user is actively working with app A, there's no guarantee that app B will be able to force itself to the foreground and steal focus away from A. (And most users would find it pretty annoying if it did.)