SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
But perhaps the news isn't your thing
I read the newspaper every day & a couple online news sites, but still haven't seen anything to which you are referring. Though, as I wrote that sentence, I just remembered that the first thing I do when I pick up the paper is remove the sports section (it is meaningless drivel to me) and classifieds sections & throw them on the recycling pile before the paper ever gets in the house. If the story was there, then that explains it & I won't bother looking for it in today's paper.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Sage User

I had sent an e-mail to Hauppauge asking about the upcoming release date for Beta Drivers and received the following response today:

"We're supposed to have something posted on our site by next Friday the 12th."

Any level of certainty that they will include a fix for issue discussed earlier in this thread?

Anxious to get this resolved as have STB set to 1080i output but get pixelation at this output vs relatively smooth at 720p which gives me the stutter.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:35 PM

HD-PVR and HD100 Video Microfreeze

Got my HD-PVR up and running but I have noticed a micro freeze in the video stream when viewing live streams from the HD-PVR on the HD100. I don't see this same freeze while viewing from the PC.

The audio does not display this same problem and it seems to occurs about every 4-5 seconds on a continuous basis.

HD-PVR is running the 1.0b release
HD100 is running the 20080812 0 release
SageMC is at 6.4.8 with new install of SageMC and XP Pro

Since this occurs only on the HD100 I would think that it is related but haven't found much in the forum about a mico freeze. Most people have real choppy playback that doesn't seem to be associated.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to look at I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

* merged; see comments above *
Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

You wouldn't happen to be recording in 720p, would you?

B
Old 09-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Actually I do have my Sonicview 8000HD configured to output 720p as I seemed to be having more problems doing the 1080i.

I will change it back and see if I get the same results.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Sage User

I can't wait for this, hopefully it works. I use a Dish 211 to the HDPVR and quality of 720p is way better than 1080i but on 720p i get the little stutter every 5 seconds or so.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagestuff View Post
I had sent an e-mail to Hauppauge asking about the upcoming release date for Beta Drivers and received the following response today:

"We're supposed to have something posted on our site by next Friday the 12th."
the 12th came and went... oh well.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy, does the new experimental mmc/encoders/<###>/delay_to_wait_after_tuning work for 6.4.8? I have had the problem of when a recording starts, and the last channel was being recorded via 480i or 480p, then changes channels to a 720p or 1080i channel, the resulting mpeg file is corrupted. I can't edit it in any editor, or use it to create a dvd.

What I have to do now is manually schedule a recording a couple of minutes before my program begins, that way the channel is already at the right one when the real recording begins. Its a pain the butt, since I have to do it for each program that goes from HD to SD, SD to HD. If I use the option you mentioned, will it change the channel and then wait xxx amount of time to start the actual recording? If so, what's the syntax for the option.

Thanks, as always!

Kevin
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Yes, that delay works & I said I was using it somewhere above. But, I also said that I found that some channels seem to change resolution in their own broadcast, so I set my STB to always use 1080i output.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Yes, that delay works & I said I was using it somewhere above. But, I also said that I found that some channels seem to change resolution in their own broadcast, so I set my STB to always use 1080i output.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. I tried changing my STB to 1080i exclusively, but had problems. So the delay will help me work around the problem.

Kevin
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Sage User

Followed up with Hauppauge support last week on the BETA target of 9/12 and got the following reply.

Hello, I spoke to our engineer and there’s seems to be nothing ready yet. I’ll keep you informed. They keep finding bugs that they feel they can’t release in the software so they said another couple of weeks.

FYI...