SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Extender not playing wma's

I have my CD's ripped to wma lossless on my server. My PC client plays them fine. My HD100 plays mp3's that live in the same folders, so it's not a permissions issue. I see that the HD100 is supposed to play wma's, but are wma lossless somehow different from regular wma's? Is there something else I'm doing wrong?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Just got my SageTV HD Media Extender up and running with the latest beta server and beta firmware.

I'm not getting any sound on WMV files. No problem with any other files so far. Note this was the case with the latest non-beta firmware (before I updated with the beta) as well.

Anyone else having this issue? Thanks,
-Chris
I'm wondering if these posts are related.

What bit-rate did you use? Have you tried other bit-rates?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
I'm wondering if these posts are related.

What bit-rate did you use? Have you tried other bit-rates?
Don't remember the bit rate, it was a while ago. I'm also running the latest beta firmware; that might be a clue.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Don't remember the bit rate, it was a while ago. I'm also running the latest beta firmware; that might be a clue.
No-one answered either question, though yours *was* just posted. WMA and WMV audio is a proprietary encoding method created by Microsoft to compete with RealAudio, but the HD100 specs say it supports them. You might want to fill out a Support Request and ask SageTV if there are specific types that are supported.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Unless it was recently changed, I don't believe that the HD100 supports WMA lossless. I seem to recall others that had this issue converted to FLAC. I personally use WMA at 192kbit and that works fine.

Aloha,
Mike