SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Removing an added channel

Andy,

Quick question..... I was re-scanning the other dat and I found FoxNews HD.

This is typical of Comcast that they will have the channel up for a few weeks before announcing it. Therefore, it does not have a real channel number or anything on zap2it.

So i know how to add a channel. The catch here is that almost no one carries FNCHD and it took me some time to find a unique lineup# for that. When I originally added it to Sage, I attempted to use the same lineup# as FNC, which Sage said it didn't like. Sage added the channel with the duplicate lineup# but it always said NO DATA.

I now want to use the true lineup# I found, but even when I follow the directions in the Sage manual to delete FNCHD (manually added by me), when I attempt to add it again, it will no longer ask me for the lineup#.

How can I change this?

Thanks!

Stacy

Last edited by srothwell; 08-04-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Sage Expert

I know you're looking for Andy, but I thought I would chime in.
I have a couple of channels on my QAM that are not on the cable lineup. Previously I just used 'Add Channel to Lineup' and providing the Call Sign, Logical and Zap2it_stnNum. To remove the channel, just RESET the Physical then Logical numbers using remap.

Oddly, when I upgraded to 6.4.6rc SageTV wouldn't provide the EPG Guide Data on my added channels. I WAS able to get it to work by changing a tuner lineup to one that did have that channel then changing it back to my lineup. For whatever reason, that clued the sage.properties into the correct setting for retrieving those added channels.

ALSO, sage.properties is where the zap2it stnNum IDs are stored. If an added channel Station ID was used recently then SageTV will use the ID stored and won't ask you to re-enter it.

Last edited by Conejo; 08-04-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Administrator

After clearing the remappings for a user-added channel, it should be removed over the next day or so as the EPG gets updated & old info gets cleared out -- that's when that sort of maintenance is done. If it has been longer than that, I'm not sure why it is still there. How long has it been?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks everyone. No, I was not waiting long enough.

Since Sage does not give any way to force an EPG update I just logged into the web server, forced an EPG update and then I was able enter the new STn# with no problem.

PS: Why doesn't Sage have a way to force an EPG update?

Stacy
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator

The STV does have a way to update the EPG: any time you enable/disable a channel, it forces an EPG update, so just toggle a channel twice. It can take a while for it to finish updating, though.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.