SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Sage Expert

6.4.7 - broke everything (Service hung)

First, 6.4.7 required a reboot (WinXP sp3). I haven't seen that with a sage release in a while.

When my box came back up, sage service was stuck at starting. I was unable to kill or taskkill the task. Rebooted, same results. Box was acting extremely slow, but sage service was using very little cpu/memory (hung at about 94meg ram each time)

Finally was able to remove the service using service control (pending reboot because the service was hung).

After a reboot, I reinstalled 6.4.7 (thought about going back to 6.4.6, but maybe this was a fluke). After the reinstall, no reboot required. I was able to start the service successfully and all is working now.

Anyone else see anything like this, either with the latest release or any previous releases?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I've seen something similar when installing an OLDER version on top of a newer version.

A few versions ago the upgrade to the beta broke HDHR tuning - and I tried to just install the previous one over the new one - that didn't work at all. Seems like the installer handles the presense of an OLD version of Sage well, but if a newer version is present it leaves it there and all kinds of strange stuff happens.

btl.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Expert

due to lack of response in this thread, I think it's safe to assume something on my PC caused this particular issue. Problem is since resolved.

If a mod wants to delete this, it's fine by me.

thanks!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Expert

Had a similar issue with 6.4.8.
I think the issue is due to callclerk software also installed on my sagetv server.
I'm hoping to switch from vonage to magicjack soon (depending on magicjack quailty) and if so, that'll negate my need to use callclerk.

For now, I just have to have my sagetv service disabled and manually start it after a reboot. I can live with that.

But bottomline - this is an issue with my server configuration and nothing to do with sage.