SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Channel Preview?

Is there any way to preview channels when watching LiveTV? I.E.- similar to pressing the "up" button on a STB remote to see what is on other channels without actually switching the channel.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
Is there any way to preview channels when watching LiveTV? I.E.- similar to pressing the "up" button on a STB remote to see what is on other channels without actually switching the channel.
I think I remember you using SageMC - is that correct? If so you should post this sort of question under the SageMC forum thread. Regardless, if you are using SageMC, you're looking for miniguide which is built into SageMC. Just hit the up button on your keyboard or on your remote and it will bring up a mini guide. You can then scroll through the channels while watching your show.

There are several, very nice alternative mini-guides in the download section as well.

If using SageTV's default STV, I think (not positive) that the miniguide can be accessed using the "unofficial extras". Someone else will have to confirm that though.

Last edited by Brent; 08-10-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think I remember you using SageMC - is that correct? If so you should post this sort of question under the SageMC forum thread. Regardless, if you are using SageMC, you're looking for miniguide which is built into SageMC. Just hit the up button on your keyboard or on your remote and it will bring up a mini guide. You can then scroll through the channels while watching your show.

There are several, very nice alternative mini-guides in the download section as well.

If using SageTV's default STV, I think (not positive) that the miniguide can be accessed using the "unofficial extras". Someone else will have to confirm that though.
Thanks, I'm actually using the default STV these days.....I'll look into that.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, in default STV, there is a miniguide.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15739

It works great, though if you start reading the above thread from the beginning (since it's a bit older), you'll get a little confused/worried. No problems though, it works great and is pretty self-explanatory, as long as you install the most recent version (last one shown, I believe).

It does not have channel "preview" pictures or video, just program listings (title, short description)... I can't tell if that is what you were looking for or not.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.