SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
INVALID AIRING listed?

I have a problem with the Release Candidate. On the recording schedule, it has INVALID AIRING listed on the schedule. If I scroll and/or highlight it, Sage freezes. If I use the guide and schedule something around where this Airing was scheduled to be, Sage loses the ability to schedule recordings (it won't let me schedule anything and removing all favorites and manually setting record (or adding the favorites back again) doesn't work.

How can I get rid of the INVALID AIRING in the schedule?

Lauren
Old 04-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Sage

Did you try restarting SageTV? Does the invalid airing have a gray/white/yellow/black border?
Old 04-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Sage Expert

It shows up with a yellow border. When I loaded the backup of the Wiz.bin file that I made a few days ago, it was gone, but came back again later. It seems that if I turn off "Info" when looking at Recording Schedule, right-clicking on the INVALID AIRING and selecting "Cancel Recording" gets rid of it.

But even getting rid of it causes it to come back again. It just appeared again a few minutes ago, and I got rid of it the same way.

I have a lot of Favorites (12 or so - well, it's a lot to me). The computer basically records for 8 hours a day or more. Maybe it's trying to schedule a Favorite, but I can't be sure. E-mail me and I'll send you the Wiz.bin and Wiz.bak files. There were a few backups I made before the problem came up and some after, so it's going to be a hit-or-miss with them. I'll ZIP them up and let you have a look to help me with this.

Thanks,
Lauren
Old 04-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Sage Expert

SageTV doesn't usually let you exit with an Alt-F4 when it happens. Sometimes, you can get lucky and keep hitting the arrow keys on the keyboard until it responds again. If it doesn't, ending the task with the Task Manager is the only solution for me.

The CPU percentage doesn't rise high, so it probably isn't an endless loop. If it is, something must keep it from using all the CPU time.

Lauren
Old 04-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Sage

Enable the consolewindow by the registry setting as a DWORD:
HKLM\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\consolewin=1

It sounds like you've got a crash that might print something out that's useful to me. You can email your Wiz.bin, Wiz.bak and Sage.properties files to support@freytechnologies.com I should be able to reproduce the problem and then repair the database file for you so it doesn't come back. Have you also tried triggering an EPG update? A step further would be to get rid of the INVALID AIRING from the schedule, then disable that channel, then do an EPG update, then enable that channel and do an EPG update again. Then the maintenance routines on the DB should clean out any garbage lying around.

Let me know how it goes.