SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Importing Custom Genres

I'm using SageMC 6.3.7a-fix. I moved one of my old pre-Sage recordings "Studio 60_Cable-10_20061016.mpg" file into one of my defined video import folders. Then i create a "Studio 60_Cable-10_20061016.mpg.properties" file with Genre=Studio 60 as the only line. I'm expecting a new genre to be created with the mpg filename as the title, but it never shows up.

I've tried rescanning; creating the custom genre first and then rescanning; touching all files to be a newer date and then rescanning; setting advanced_video_file_recovery=true and shutting down and rescanning; moving the file elsewhere, shut down, and copy back again and rescanning, creating a .my file with TVGenre=Studio 60 and rescanning. Nothing i do seems to recognize the property (or .my) file and place the video into the "Studio 60" custom genre.

Am i expecting too much?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know, but how about genre=Studio\ 60? The space could be throwing it off.

B
Old 08-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

woot, it worked! i guess this is why forums are so useful. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

No worries, welcome to the boards

B
Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry for tacking on to this thread, but where can I find information on "properties" files in SageMC? I'm currently using Nielm's webserver to import videos, but I'm always open to different approaches.

TIA

- Jeff
Old 08-30-2008, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I would check this out:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301
Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the info, BcJenkins.

If I understand correctly, the tool grabs info for movies from IMDB and creates a properties file. Both SageTV (6.4+) and SageMC read the properties files for information to display. Correct so far?

If I'm on track, I'd like to be able to add properties files for non-movies. I don't mind doing this manually. Is there info somewhere on the structure of properties files?

Also, if I create a properties file for a video file and do a library rescan, where will the video show up in the UI? In recordings or in the media library?

Thanks again for the help.

- Jeff
Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend View Post
Thanks for the info, BcJenkins.

If I understand correctly, the tool grabs info for movies from IMDB and creates a properties file. Both SageTV (6.4+) and SageMC read the properties files for information to display. Correct so far?
Yes, I think so.
Quote:
If I'm on track, I'd like to be able to add properties files for non-movies. I don't mind doing this manually. Is there info somewhere on the structure of properties files?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26374
Quote:
Also, if I create a properties file for a video file and do a library rescan, where will the video show up in the UI? In recordings or in the media library?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21629
Quote:
Thanks again for the help.

- Jeff