SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Ok here are my .frq files for Freeveiw & Freesat. Obvioulsy the Freeview channels will only work if you live in or around Norwich. I couldn't find the lineups.xml but when I do I'll attach that as well.

Regards

Ben
Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to ElGato Send a message via MSN to ElGato
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE-Refugee View Post
* Restart SageTV & start to add the video sources.
* Select 'Do Not Use Program Guide Data with this Source' & you will still get the Now/Next data over the air & can check that all your channels are working correctly with the correct channel numbers.
When I do this there are no channels to test???
Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've tried many times now, and I just can not get SageTV to recognise my new .frq file,

This is the last thing left in an otherwise near perfect set up, I have to be missing something but what???
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGato View Post
I have to be missing something but what???
As long as its named correctly and you force a refresh as I sudgested on the previous page then it will work.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
As long as its named correctly and you force a refresh as I sudgested on the previous page then it will work.
It is names exactly as the original scan it came from. If by force a refresh you mean disabling and re-enabling a channel, done that, still no joy. Nonne of the channels will tune.

Here is my .frq file, in case it offers any clues.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0-DVB-S.frq.txt (6.4 KB, 268 views)
Old 09-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGato View Post
It is names exactly as the original scan it came from. If by force a refresh you mean disabling and re-enabling a channel, done that, still no joy. Nonne of the channels will tune.

Here is my .frq file, in case it offers any clues.
Have you removed the tuner, closed sage, restart sage, add tuner but dont scan for channels when prompted. If none of the sugestions that have been posted work I would proberly start again and remove sage and all remaining folders.

Last edited by jaminben; 09-07-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, figured it out after uploading that .frq file. When I went to open it it obviously defaulted to opening with notepad, where upon I saw that for some bizare reason all the carriage returns had been removed, no wonder SageTV had a problem with it. Seems my text editor of chioce, Notepad2, was corrupting it, once I put all the carraige returns back it was OK.

ta for all the help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0-DVB-S.frq.txt (6.5 KB, 264 views)
Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Sage User

Cool, worked out the reason why editing my frq file wasn't working - didn't realise Stephane's plugin actually read the frq file and made up a channel lineup from that. I was editing the frq file and then trying to get sage to recognise it, without having XMLTV installed yet.

So, just to clarify in case anyone else has missed the point like I had:
- Do a full channel scan in Sage
- Edit the frq file to your liking - note, any changes you make to the frq file will be totally ignored by Sage
- Remove the video source in Sage
- Install Stephane's XMLTV program (important!)
- Import your frq file into Stephane's program, edit your channel lineup to your liking here, and the guide mappings
- Add the source in Sage again, and make it point to the XMLTV Importer to find the channel lineup - you don't need to rescan the channels at all, the importer transfers all the frequencies and so on from your frq file into the channel lineup, as if by magic!

Anyway, I'm most impressed by Stephane's Importer and DG2XML. Will be sending a wee donation soon.