SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Sage User

FloppyDTV and Windows Home Server

I am having a hard time making the FloppyDTV DVB-C card work with SageTV and Windows Home Server.

After installing SP2 for Windows 2003 (which by the way is not supported on Windows Home Server, but it installs just fine) the included "FireDTV Viewer" program works. But SageTV still doesn't :-( I add the tuner to SageTV and scan (and find) all the channels. Sometimes I can tune to one channel, sometimes not. But everytime I try to change channel SageTV stops working and displays "No Signal".

What I have found out is that if after getting "No Signal" in SageTV I start FireDTV Viewer the channel displays. And I can change channels also as long as the FireDTV Viewer is loaded! If I close FireDTV Viewer again I can continue to watch the channel, but I can't change to another channel ("No signal"). Do you have ANY clues at all of whats going on? It seems to me that FireDTV loads someting that SageTV needs?

Is it possible to start FireDTV without making it tune a channel? Because if I put FireDTV in Startup folder the card is not available to SageTV since FireDTV is already using it. But if perhaps I can load FireDTV without tuning a channel it will work?

I have also tried the DVBViewer recorder network recorder plugin-thing but that doesn't work either. It creates a file for the recording, but the file stay at 0 bytes.

Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated :-) I really want digital tv with my SageTV!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

So if this were me, I would look at a program called AutoIt (substitute with your favorite). I would write a quick little dealio which monitors for the running of SageTV. If running launch viewer, if not close it down. Put that in the startup folder instead.

B
Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had a similar problem for a very long time. It goes like this:

The first channel I tune after a Sage start/restart/resume I get the "No signal". If I continue changing channel from here I get "no Signal" on all. But, if I close down that initial record/watch and retune another channel everything works fine from there. Channel changing. Recordings. Everything. Until next restart.

I'm now using the Dvbviewer plug-in and its works great for me. Very stable.

I've worked with Sage to fix this issue but I think they haven't received many tickets on this because I sense the efforts being used elsewhere. So please file in a bug report.

Rasmus
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980