SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Video Thumbnail Display Slowed

Hi. This has only been a problem since upgrading to the new version of Sage.

I use my Sage server to host hundreds of movies. I have gone through the effort of getting a thumbnail for each, called "folder.jpg" in the VIDEO_TS folder. Using the previous version of Sage, my SageMC showed the thumbnails in a 3x2 when I browsed the video files (both on the server and the HD100 extender). The display was pretty much instantaneous.

Now it can take up to 10 seconds to display the six thumbnails, even on the server itself. Sure, once I load the thumbnails the first time they show up faster the next time in that same session, but I turn off my extender every day.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

If this is not a SageMC issue, or if I should be asking this question in another forum, please let me know.

The thing that burns me is that I was 100% satisfied with SageMC and the previous versions of software/firmware, and now I am less satisfied. I am actually considering trying to figure out how to downgrade my extender's firmware.

Thanks!

Matt
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have noticed this too... Since upgrading to the latest HD100 firmware and Version 6.4.8, things have slowed down a bit, and all thumbnails (DVD, pic, or Album Art) take a little longer to load. Support suggested I reload Sage from scratch - but I'm a little hesitant right now.... With the new TV season starting, and Sage still recording perfectly.... Version 6.4.8 has definitely introduced some quirks that I did'nt have before - mainly related to picture/thumbnail oriented functions. I'm also having trouble playing a few directly copied DVD's (Video/Audio_TS) that worked perfectly before...