SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
How to record 2 shows that overlap?

I can't force SageTV to setup recording of two shows that overlap on the same tuner card.

I have one show that goes from 8-9pm and another from 8-10pm on the same night. I am interested only in the last 60 (actually 30) minutes of the 8-10pm show.

I figure Sage would have the intelligence to record 8-9pm of the first show, and switch to 9-10pm of the second show.

Nope. It won't even let me do it. It asks if I want to cancel recording the 1st show, which I don't want to do.

Is this functionality being planned? All this could be fixed if we were allowed to record by time, not "show".

-Robert
Old 02-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Sage User

Simple answer is buy another tuner card.
hard answer, try to modify the start stop time on both show and try to trick it.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can add negative padding to the start of the second show so it doesn't start recording until 9pm.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I'll try that, but I'm not at home at the moment. I thought it kicked me out of even doing that before i had a chance to change the padding.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by pcuoco
You can add negative padding to the start of the second show so it doesn't start recording until 9pm.
I know that this caused nothing but problems for me when I tried this under 1.4 (read, I lost all ability to apply start and end offsets for ANY program until I cleared the negtative ones). Be careful when applying a negative offset until that feature is officially supported.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the warning, Fidget.

I'm using a -1 minute pad so far without issue in the beta .12 to compensate for NBC starting Law & Order at 9:59, while 24 is scheduled to record from 9 to 10.

It cleared the yellow conflict icon, and recorded both shows last night. But, I had never tried it before, so if it starts to cause problems, I'll let you know.