SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I've attached the log from a session tonight where my wife was watching an ATSC recording (started watching while it was still recording), she paused it a few times, skipped around a bit, then paused it for 5 min , then when returning after hitting play the audio and video got all distorted. She stopped playback to release the graph, then started playback again and everything was fine.

Thanks.
what's your audio video decoder? check if you can repeat the problem.

Qian
Old 01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
what's your audio video decoder? check if you can repeat the problem.

Qian
I'm using the Microsoft Mpeg2/DD decoder. I've never seen the problem personally, but my wife gets it any time she starts watching a show while it's recording. She tends to jump around in the timeline when she's watching, so that maybe why.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if this is related, maybe someone can tell if it is likely to be.

My client attached to my main tv appears to have issues following any type of ff/rew on recordings. It will play perfectly for hours until you use ff/rew and then pans, beit vertical or horizontal become kind of stroboscopic, not a stop start type strobe effect, more of a high frequency fast slow. Audio appears unaffected. Comskip appears to be at least as accurate as it was previously, it's just this wierdness as playback is resumed following the skip. Stopping and restarting playback fixes it every time.

This client is a 2.8g Pentium with 1gig of ram using an 8400GS video card. It processes SD content only with output at 720p using vrm9 and fse with nvidia decoders for video and ffdshow for audio on recordings.
All my dvds use Nvidia and AC3 and are fine, the Avi's use ffdshow and are fine also.
It was all fine previously but I did make some other changes at the same time as upgrading to 6.4.8. It tried dropping the output resolution to 1024x728 to lower the load on the graphics card, but given that it is only recorded tv that it affects the result was the same, much as I expected. The updated demux filters don't appear to have any effect at all. Is it possible that it is relative or do you think I'm barking up the wrong tree here?

update: some playing around and it appears if I disable hardware acceleration in the nvidia controls this problem goes away, so I guess it's not relative after all. I suppose the card is getting upset somehow with the skip. Will post a seperate topic to confirm other peoples settings on this.

Last edited by planetc; 01-31-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: updated
Old 01-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does the demuxer affect imported DVD playback at all?

I would guess "Yes", but don't want to assume on this. I watch a movie from my video library (DVD in VIDEO_TS folder) and was seeing single frame flashbacks every so often. It seemed like it happened when the movie changed chapters and showed a frame from the beginning of the previous chapter befoer continuing on.

This is with the 2.0.1.33 demuxer. Figure I would ask if it could be a demux issue before I start troubleshooting and creating log files though.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razillian View Post
Does the demuxer affect imported DVD playback at all?
it should not. a dvd navigator filter is provided in windows. the navigator also acts as a demuxer.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage User

So what version of the Demux made it into the 6.5.9 final? I hope it isn't the same one that was in the last couple of RCs or I'm afraid your final is going to be a broken product for a lot of people.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgleed View Post
So what version of the Demux made it into the 6.5.9 final?
Looks like the 6.4.8 version.

John
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage User

I'm already having playback issues with the 6.5.9 final that are corrected by dropping in the .33 beta MpegDeMux.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Me too! I went back to .33.

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 02-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgleed View Post
I'm already having playback issues with the 6.5.9 final that are corrected by dropping in the .33 beta MpegDeMux.
Same Here. I skipped 6.4.8 all together due to the playback issues. Thank goodness for the beta demux files.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage User

I've been running the 6.5.x betas for about a month now. Not many problems with my HDPVR or 2250 cards. Today I just jumped at the final 6.5.9. I was probably running 6.5.6 prior to this. Immediately I no longer had any live TV video -- blank screen.

Two points of interest:

1) Using the 6.5.9 MpegDeMux.ax and myasyncflt.ax I was FINALLY able to view (non-Live TV) HD and SD content via Remote Desktop, something I've not been able to do in 6.5.x. However, after I update to the .ax files in #2 below, I can no longer view the video in Remote Desktop.

2) I haven't been following this thread, but it looked the most promising for my problem + its timing, so I replaced MpegDeMux.ax and myasyncflt.ax with the following (as noted in this thread) and my problems want away too.

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/MpegDeMux.ax Ver. 2.0.1.33
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/myasyncflt.ax Ver. 2.2.1.2

3) However, while I write this email and watch LiveTV for the first time with 6.5.9, I am still getting "choppy, abrupt video" from my HDPVR, even in SD mode. I've posted a message elsewhere about this with no responses at all. I know others have seen it. What I have to do is "reverse video" once so that I am no longer watching the end of the stream, but rather "just slightly before the end of the stream" for live playback.
Dedicated SageTV server: Vista Ultimate, ASUS P5K-E MB, 2GB, 1TB WD AV-GS; Hauppauge Colossus + HDPVR running from 2 4250 HD STBs; SageTV 7.x + pimped SageMC + many STVi's. Clients: HD200 + three SageTV clients

Last edited by rcl; 02-05-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
3) However, while I write this email and watch LiveTV for the first time with 6.5.9, I am still getting "choppy, abrupt video" from my HDPVR, even in SD mode. I've posted a message elsewhere about this with no responses at all. I know others have seen it. What I have to do is "reverse video" once so that I am no longer watching the end of the stream, but rather "just slightly before the end of the stream" for live playback.
You are not alone with this one. I went from 6.5.7 where I don't remember having this problem to 6.5.9 where I now have the problem. I have been using the 2.0.1.33 demux for both, so I don't think it is a demux issue but something inside Sage. Although I could be wrong.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razillian View Post
You are not alone with this one. I went from 6.5.7 where I don't remember having this problem to 6.5.9 where I now have the problem. I have been using the 2.0.1.33 demux for both, so I don't think it is a demux issue but something inside Sage. Although I could be wrong.
I have this problem also, but only when I use reclock as my audio renderer. If I don't use reclock, I get occasional stutter with OTA HD mpeg-2. With reclock, if I get too close to the live end of the stream, I get major problems.

I modified my STV (the user interface) so it won't allow you to get too close to the live end of the stream. To do this I have to prevent skipping forward when you're too close, and I also have to pause when playback first starts (I currently use 5 seconds). The initial pause is a little annoying, but tolerable. Its a suitable work around for now.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Sage User

I also wanted to add to my previous message. After updating my SageTV client to 6.5.9, and watching Biography, video would stop every few seconds to minutes. This never happened for any prior version. I took the chance and blindly updated the .ax files to the following, and problems went away.

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/MpegDeMux.ax Ver. 2.0.1.33
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.7/myasyncflt.ax Ver. 2.2.1.2

Also, I believe the horizontal tearing problems I was seeing in the stock 6.5.9 (where there was a lot of motion in a HD image) probably went away too, as I'm streaming HD across a LAN to my client and presently see no problems this hour after my .ax file changes.

Note: I am taping off a HDPVR and using .ts files.

My other noted problem still exists with the video become jumpy whenever I return to the current edit point. My memory is getting fuzzy on this, but I know it never happened in December with my Hauppauage 2250 card, but probably started when I went from 6.4.x to 6.5.1. I'm running the HDPVR right now for capture since my 6.5.9 won't see my 2250 drivers any more.
Dedicated SageTV server: Vista Ultimate, ASUS P5K-E MB, 2GB, 1TB WD AV-GS; Hauppauge Colossus + HDPVR running from 2 4250 HD STBs; SageTV 7.x + pimped SageMC + many STVi's. Clients: HD200 + three SageTV clients
Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does 6.5.9 have the new myasyncflt.ax 2.2.1.2 in it?

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

It has the mysyncflt 2.2.1.2 but the older MpegDeMux from 6.4.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
6.5.8 should contain that same myasyncflt.ax file; but its using the V6.4.8 MpegDeMux

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

ok. good. .33 works better for me than any of the previous attempts. 6.5.9 out of the box locked up on my first attempt to play a program on my client. updating to .33 gets me back to about where I was with the last BETA and .33 plus the other file. There are still problems however. Many times when I play a program recorded with the HDPVR the voice and video is out of sync. Hitting pause or FF/RW will usually correct it. I also get lock ups when trying to delete files sometimes but may it not be related to these files. Do these problems only happen with the client software on PCs or does it also happen with the HD200extenders? I have an HD200 but have not used it much yet.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fix: Choppy liveTV at end of stream

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.9/MpegDeMux.ax ver.2.0.1.34

Try this update for HDPVR choppy playing at end of stream.

Qian
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
Do these problems only happen with the client software on PCs or does it also happen with the HD200extenders? I have an HD200 but have not used it much yet.
the HD200/HD100 uses different piece of code, shouldn't have the problem.

Qian
Old 02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Try this update for HDPVR choppy playing at end of stream.
I added this to my server and client setup, 6.5.9. In only 5 minutes of testing:

- The studdering problem (choppy playing) appears to be gone, or greatly reduced.

- However, if I change channels (HDPVR) via the up/down key then I get 3 to 4 seconds of audio studdering (technical: audio buffer looping). I had never experienced that before. I perceived that the channel changing may be faster, but that may be due to the DLL resolving some other issue I am not aware of.

- In the 5 mins of testing HD content, I somewhat felt that the playback of "LiveTV" was still not smooth compared to rolling back the video a second or two. Doing a short rewind does for sure make for ultra smooth video playback. This is on SageTVClient, across a 1Gbit LAN, with the server not doing anything of significance, coming off a HDPVR.

Thanks for offering the beta test of these new .ax files. They are already much better than anything else I've used in 6.5.x.