SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Got some flashes of green (using the MS decoder) tonight while watching. The Cyberlink decoder had a slight blip over the same segment (both in Sage and in PDVD) so it could be the file (HVR-2250 cap).

Log and screen shot attached.
I think there are something bad in the file, if you didn't delete it, you can upload.

Qian
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can you please explain how to set the TSSplitter to remux TS to PS?

I've been recording via firewire from my cable box for over a year now and just putting up with the crazy timeline issues when I was skipping around

It's been a long time since I've been back here, but I should have checked sooner because it looks like a lot of work has been done. So far, I've installed the latest (non-beta) Sage program, the beta TSsplitter.ax from some other thread, and the mpegdemux (.39 I think from this thread). Things are much better, but not perfect I wish I checked this forum much sooner.

I did not install the myasyncflt.ax from this thread because it looks like the latest Sage update already had a recent more current version of this file. Is there anything else I'm missing I should try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
I know your TS recordings are created by youself, if you have troubles with the demux, upload sample clips. I tested your one recording posted on 1/12/09, no issue there. another way you can use SageTV's TSSplitter to remux your TS format recording into PS format one, that could have less troubles.
Qian
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeber View Post
Can you please explain how to set the TSSplitter to remux TS to PS?

I've been recording via firewire from my cable box for over a year now and just putting up with the crazy timeline issues when I was skipping around

It's been a long time since I've been back here, but I should have checked sooner because it looks like a lot of work has been done. So far, I've installed the latest (non-beta) Sage program, the beta TSsplitter.ax from some other thread, and the mpegdemux (.39 I think from this thread). Things are much better, but not perfect I wish I checked this forum much sooner.

I did not install the myasyncflt.ax from this thread because it looks like the latest Sage update already had a recent more current version of this file. Is there anything else I'm missing I should try?
The TSSplitter.ax is a push filter, you feed data into an input pin, get data from the TSPin pin (you can use the MpegDump.ax filter to output data into a file), in default TSSpliter picks up first stream in a TS stream to remux into a PS steam. an easy practice is to write a simple filter based on DirectX CSouce class ( the push pin based on CSourceStream ).

Qian
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

LOL, thanks for the reply, but I'm out of my league because I only understood every other word.

I'll just wander on over to the shallow end of the pool and keep referencing this thread for any future updates regarding the demuxer situation.

Quote:
The TSSplitter.ax is a push filter, you feed data into an input pin, get data from the TSPin pin (you can use the MpegDump.ax filter to output data into a file), in default TSSpliter picks up first stream in a TS stream to remux into a PS steam. an easy practice is to write a simple filter based on DirectX CSouce class ( the push pin based on CSourceStream ).

Qian
Old 02-25-2009, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm pretty confused by this too. I'm in a very similar sitaution as weeber, where I'm trying to get firewire recording working. Right now I just have the recording graph set up to dump the raw transport stream. It works fine on the extenders, but not in software. So, my graph is my tuner device going straight to a dump filter. Your message seems to be implying I can go from the tuner device to the TSSplitter to the dump filter and then I'll have a program stream file. Is that right?

Alternatively, is there a way to use TSSplitter on my clients to improve playback of my firewire recordings? Right now I seem to be using the Haali splitter without much luck.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
LOL, thanks for the reply, but I'm out of my league because I only understood every other word.

I'll just wander on over to the shallow end of the pool and keep referencing this thread for any future updates regarding the demuxer situation.
LOL

Me too...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

1) download GraphStudio
2) open graphstudio, select Graph->Insert File Source (Async)
3) select the ts file you want to process
4) select Graph->Insert Filter, add SageTV TS Splitter and MPEG2Dump to the graph (when you add MPEG2Dump it will ask for a file to save to)
5) click on the "Output" pin for the file source drag the arrow on to the "Input" pin on the TS Splitter filter, then do the same to connect the "TSPin" and "Input"pin on the dump filter
6) press the green "Play" button
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, babgvant. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

I posted in this thread a couple of days ago that I had stuttering playback with EVR when I installed the 6.5.9 SageTV version.

In case anyone is wondering, the 6.5.11 beta version gave me smooth EVR again.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does the demuxer affect remote placeshifter playback at all?

Ran into an issue with my HD100 in placeshifter mode where sometime after putting in the last demuxer (2.0.1.39) I was not able to watch HDPVR channels. Remembering the posts in here about the demuxer having an effect on the HD200 (speculative), I rolled back to 2.0.1.33 and once again the HDPVR channels are working with the HD100 in placeshifter mode.

Curious if this is coincidence or if I should pop 2.0.1.39 back in and start gathering log files.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razillian View Post
Does the demuxer affect remote placeshifter playback at all?

Ran into an issue with my HD100 in placeshifter mode where sometime after putting in the last demuxer (2.0.1.39) I was not able to watch HDPVR channels. Remembering the posts in here about the demuxer having an effect on the HD200 (speculative), I rolled back to 2.0.1.33 and once again the HDPVR channels are working with the HD100 in placeshifter mode.

Curious if this is coincidence or if I should pop 2.0.1.39 back in and start gathering log files.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage

The demux ONLY is used when using SageTVClient or SageTV for Windows for playing back MPEG media. And it is only used if you are playing it on that Windows PC. It is NOT used for extenders, placeshifters or on Mac/Linux.

Hopefully that should clear up that question.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

Using the demuxer that comes with 6.5.11 live ATSC is still unwatchable (log attached).
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDemux.zip (1.7 KB, 219 views)
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Using the demuxer that comes with 6.5.11 live ATSC is still unwatchable (log attached).
black screen or static blocks? what is your video decoder?
there is no error in log.

regarding your post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=380,
I didn't repeat the problem with your uploading, but there are data blocks lost in the recording and I think your video decoder doesn't handle it very well.

Qian
Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
black screen or static blocks? what is your video decoder?
there is no error in log.

regarding your post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=380,
I didn't repeat the problem with your uploading, but there are data blocks lost in the recording and I think your video decoder doesn't handle it very well.

Qian
Playback is extremely jerky (play 1 sec, pause 2 sec, play 1 sec ...). As soon as the show is done recording everything works perfectly.

I switched the PDVD mpeg decoder, and it doesn't show the green screens (was using the MS one).
Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Playback is extremely jerky (play 1 sec, pause 2 sec, play 1 sec ...). As soon as the show is done recording everything works perfectly.

I switched the PDVD mpeg decoder, and it doesn't show the green screens (was using the MS one).
try bigger block size, BlockSize(DWORD)=256, or even bigger.
I think you're using a client over network to watch live TV, need to buffer more data to play.

Qian
Old 03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think you're using a client over network to watch live TV, need to buffer more data to play.

Qian
It's all local playback. I'll throw in a bigger value and see what happens.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Sage Expert

I had problems with my firewall clobbering Sage -- it's "helper" (an added nic driver) was adding a huge overhead to DPCs which caused choppy video. Only impacted viewing while playing back. If this problem didn't just appear when you changed Sage releases or the demuxer, grab a copy of dpclat.exe just to make sure that the problem's here and not external to sage.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Donkey,

Any chance you could make the demux work with Media Player Classic's Stand Alone H.264 decoder filter (MPCVideoDec)? I'm fighting this annoying "smearing" problem with H.264 channels from Dish.

As far as I'm aware, cyberlink, arcsoft, and MPC are the only directshow filters that handle these streams properly. I've used cyberlink for a while, now I'm trying to see if Arcsoft is any better. But I'm running out of options.

Your demux will connect to MPC-HC, but it won't play. Playback just freezes in both SageTV and graphedit.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Would we do this on the Sageclient or the Sageserver??