SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Would we do this on the Sageclient or the Sageserver??
Client
Old 03-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been battling the "stuttering" issue for some time. Last night I rolled back by nvidia drivers to 178.24 and that help with the tearing (meaning the still parts of the background were fine, but the it's in motion like a person became all macroblocked and pixleated). I'm using version 39 of the demux filter during all of this. I'm also using the ArcSoft filters that came with the HD-PVR. Thinking about changing back to Cyberlink filters. I'm not really sure which filter Sage is using though (I've got the Arcsoft ones selected in the program).
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_H View Post
I've been battling the "stuttering" issue for some time. Last night I rolled back by nvidia drivers to 178.24 and that help with the tearing (meaning the still parts of the background were fine, but the it's in motion like a person became all macroblocked and pixleated). I'm using version 39 of the demux filter during all of this. I'm also using the ArcSoft filters that came with the HD-PVR. Thinking about changing back to Cyberlink filters. I'm not really sure which filter Sage is using though (I've got the Arcsoft ones selected in the program).
Hmm, that kinda sounds like what I've described as my "smearing" problem. You're talking about having problems with H.264, right? Are you on Vista? Do you use EVR? Here's a thread where I've discussed my problem:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40091
Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using XP with Overlay (VMR also has problems...although I should check now that I've rolled back the graphic drivers).

I get this problem on MPEG files also (I have a 2250 card as well as the HD-PVR).
Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Sage User

I hope this isn't a dumb question but I'm somewhat new to SageTV, roughly couple of months.

If I'm using 6.5.9 should I be using these updates on top of it if I'm having odd behavior with seeking? Seems like it just jumps to random spots when seeking either forward or backward. Im using a Hauppauge HD-PVR. Videos are either live or prerecorded in SageTV.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the most stable demux version for R5000 recordings from comcast cable? I dont have issues generally, but when duing FF/REW (using Skip Fwd/Bkwd), I notice that it sometimes jumps all over the place.

Below is the settings I use to FF/Rew that most closely acts like slowmotion ff/rew like old fashioned VCR's... it works for the most part, but not for some of my R5000 recordings which jump all over the place. I'm using Cyberlink 8 mpeg2 video.

Multispeed FF/Rew Options:

Skip Fwd/Bkwd
Starting Speed 16x
Jump Back proportion 500ms x Speed
Interval between skips (ms) 180
Auto Mute disabled

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Jettin2T -- yes. I would give 'em a try. Just save your old one and it's easy to go back and forth (just copy one over the other).

mkanet -- I have comcast cable and I'm having the best luck with the last version posted here -- 2.0.1.39.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=351

I've also followed the instructions to edit the registry to double the buffers.

I haven't tried the latest sage beta (6.5.11), so that might have a better version.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, let me provide an update on where I am with the tearing/smearing/stuttering issue(s).

I've rolled back my nvidia drivers to 178.24 and have the latest Java (6.12 I believe). My HD-PVR has gone belly up (Hauppauge is sending me another one) so I can only check shows that either my PVR500 or 2250 record (all MPEG files, but some are HD). The smearing/tearing is gone (yea!) and the stuttering is all but gone (once in a blue moon I'm told by the kids as I've not watched much TV lately).

I'm running XP Pro (sp2) and using the latest demux file (rev 39). The version of Sage is not the very latest beta, but the one previous to that (can't recall the version number). I'm also running SageMC ontop of SageTV.

I should have the HD-PVR later this week, so I'll hook that up and see how things work with the TS files. Oh yea, I'm also using the Cyberlink PowerDVD codecs for the MPEG files (chosen through the Sage Video/Audio setting in detailed setup).
Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Playback is extremely jerky (play 1 sec, pause 2 sec, play 1 sec ...). As soon as the show is done recording everything works perfectly.
I think this may be a tuner problem. I switched around the merit so my other ATSC tuner (M780) is preferred and I haven't been able to repro since.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but is the development of the new demux considered finished? I am just asking since I still experience some problems in that during HD playback it just jumps ahead like a minute. When I go back 10 seconds again, it simply shows me a black screen. The skipped part is not accessible at all. At first, I thought it is some issue with the recording but my OTA reception is at 98% signal strength and I used to get very smooth HD playback even at 1080p with no problems. But for a while now I get these skips. I tweaked my system as far as I know so that I am somewhat clueless at this point; also searching through the forum did not reveal anything beyond what I tried already as most issues deal with stuttering (which is not an issue at all for me; playback is perfect except that sometimes it just jumps ahead a minute). If anybody has any idea what I can try next to narrow that down I would appreciate it.

Thomas

Edit: my specs are AMD 3200+, Win XP, HD Homerun, AverMedia A180, NVidia 7600
Old 03-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but is the development of the new demux considered finished? I am just asking since I still experience some problems in that during HD playback it just jumps ahead like a minute. When I go back 10 seconds again, it simply shows me a black screen. The skipped part is not accessible at all. At first, I thought it is some issue with the recording but my OTA reception is at 98% signal strength and I used to get very smooth HD playback even at 1080p with no problems. But for a while now I get these skips. I tweaked my system as far as I know so that I am somewhat clueless at this point; also searching through the forum did not reveal anything beyond what I tried already as most issues deal with stuttering (which is not an issue at all for me; playback is perfect except that sometimes it just jumps ahead a minute). If anybody has any idea what I can try next to narrow that down I would appreciate it.

Thomas

Edit: my specs are AMD 3200+, Win XP, HD Homerun, AverMedia A180, NVidia 7600
I have a very similar problem with shows recorded by my HDHR. I swapped out to a new HDHR and still have the same problem. I would love to be able to track it down, but have pretty much given up. The weirdest thing is that comskip seems to process the file fine - like there is no content missing.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can someone answer a few questions for me to so I can see if this beta demux will address the issue I'm seeing?

I have an XP SP1 OS with Sage 6.5.9, recording from an HD-PVR.

If Im watching a recording and press the 'big' fast foward button it skips ahead 2:30, but it seems to start playing back ~3:00 mins in. But the weird thing is that if I then hit the 'small' rewind (10 second default) it seems to jump back 1 minute.... ( I hope Im explaining this well enough). Basically the skip forward and backs seem not to be working accurately.

From reading what Narflex posted in the original post I think this beta might help me? But Im not entirely sure...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by judoGTI View Post
Can someone answer a few questions for me to so I can see if this beta demux will address the issue I'm seeing?

I have an XP SP1 OS with Sage 6.5.9, recording from an HD-PVR.

If Im watching a recording and press the 'big' fast foward button it skips ahead 2:30, but it seems to start playing back ~3:00 mins in. But the weird thing is that if I then hit the 'small' rewind (10 second default) it seems to jump back 1 minute.... ( I hope Im explaining this well enough). Basically the skip forward and backs seem not to be working accurately.

From reading what Narflex posted in the original post I think this beta might help me? But Im not entirely sure...
Either install this rev, or 6.5.11.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Either install this rev, or 6.5.11.
Thanks, do I need to just install the .ax or install the .ax and change the registry settings as well?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by judoGTI View Post
Thanks, do I need to just install the .ax or install the .ax and change the registry settings as well?
Try the ax first, if you have issues add the keys.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by opusinteractive View Post
Just FYI: The new CoreAVC update just came out and it has given me the best video with the least troubles using it with the beta DeMux (.35 - Just grabbed .36 to try). Had tried ArcSoft, Cyberylink 7/8, MPC, and others.
Hi opusinteractive,

I tried CoreAVC 1.9.5 since it now supports cuda with interlaced content. It plays ok in sage, but as soon as you try to use the Sage interface in any way, click with mouse, fast forward, whatever, sage becomes totally unresponsive and the picture turns solid white. I'm using Vista, and I tried both EVR and VMR9. My H.264 streams come from an R5000 modded dish Vip211.

Are you using cuda? I can't remember if I only tried this on 1080i or if I also tried 720p.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think this may be a tuner problem. I switched around the merit so my other ATSC tuner (M780) is preferred and I haven't been able to repro since.
I was wrong, the problem seems to only repro on "American Idol" (which seems pretty random to me).

Took a video of the playback issue, it and the log can be dl'd here.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Sage User

I'm running 6.5.9.204 with a HD-PVR, Vista Ultimate, HD-200 and am also having issues with American Idol (at least it is the most reproducible). After playing fine for a while and then pausing, then playing, the video sometimes cuts out for 5 minutes but continues after that. What would be the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
John C.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I had a problem today where I was watching a 2h30m show and the Sage timeline was going much faster - it thought that the show was over after about 60 minutes. Playback was at normal speed but the timeline seemed to advance way too fast - when I pushed the FFx2 button the show actually only went ahead by about a minute although the timeline advanced by the regular 2m30s - I could tell since this was a rugby game with a clock constantly running on the screen and very few stoppages of the clock.

Is this a Demux problem?

The only way that I was able to watch this show was to convert it to a different format.

The show was and SD MPEG-2 show recorded via a PVR-150. I am running SageTV 6.5.6 and I was trying to watch on a HD-200 extender - I had the same problem on multiple extenders.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I had a problem today where I was watching a 2h30m show and the Sage timeline was going much faster - it thought that the show was over after about 60 minutes. Playback was at normal speed but the timeline seemed to advance way too fast
The show was and SD MPEG-2 show recorded via a PVR-150.
That sounds like it might be covered by this FAQ:

During playback, the timeline advances several seconds for each second of actual playback. How can I fix this?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.