SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage User

SageTV keep coming back to Main Menu; Cannot do anything; Pls Help!

I got my MCE remote few days ago, and I changed sage to use MCE remote(without disabling windows media center options). From there onwards i cannot do anything. Whatever I click, it keeps coming to "Main Menu".

I looked at sage.properties and other property files for the settings, couldnt find anything related to this settings. I disabled media center options, un-installed and re-installed sage, no use.

I contacted Sage couple of days ago, no response from them yet.

Any way to reset the setting i made for MCE? I dont want to loose all my configurations because of that.

I am using sage's latest version(not beta), vista ultimate 64bit, AMD 6000+ processor, 4GB Ram.

Thank you for the help.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

There are some specific steps you need to take to keep Windows VMC from invading. Look at this thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34551

Also, since I just did this myself (switched from VMC to SageTV) I am not sure if I have it all sorted out, but I had to use CCleaner to find and kill some startup items that keep re-engaging VMC every time I re-booted. I think I finally got everything working over the weekend, but I still have to play with the remote control stuff. My Gyration media center remote works for most of the SageTV functions, but I still have to go back to the mouse for some things.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Administrator

People have had some type of interference problem when using a wireless keyboard and the Home command kept getting sent to SageTV. If you have a wireless keyboard, try disconnecting it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Sage User

It is not the problem with MCE anymore

It is not the problem with MCE anymore, my whole sageTV is un-usable. I cannot change any settings or watch live TV on Sage as it is getting back to "Main Menu" whatever I click.

Where is this MCE remote setup in configuration files? So that I will try to change not to use MCE (hopefully i can get to settings and properly setup MCE remote).

Or i have to completely un-install, delete all the folders, install in a separate place. What files should i take backup for Video sources and channel setup?

Thanks,
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
People have had some type of interference problem when using a wireless keyboard and the Home command kept getting sent to SageTV. If you have a wireless keyboard, try disconnecting it.

- Andy
Seems like this is the problem. If I disconnect microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, it is going further. But MCE remote is not performing what i click.
  • How do i resolve between wireless keyboard and remote issue?
  • What is the easy way to setup keys correctly on MCE remote? I tried LMRemote setup, seems to be very confusing.
  • I disable all windows media center options in "services", and remove the registry entry for ehtray. Still WMC is responding with MCE or keyboard events. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Thanks,
Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstarted View Post
[*]I disable all windows media center options in "services", and remove the registry entry for ehtray. Still WMC is responding with MCE or keyboard events. Any idea why?[/LIST]
Thanks,

Thanks,
See this post:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=16

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstarted View Post
  • How do i resolve between wireless keyboard and remote issue?
  • What is the easy way to setup keys correctly on MCE remote? I tried LMRemote setup, seems to be very confusing.
  • I disable all windows media center options in "services", and remove the registry entry for ehtray. Still WMC is responding with MCE or keyboard events. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Thanks,

I had this same issue with my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse. I ended up buying a wired keyboard and mouse for the machine since I use it in a desktop setting.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

- Andy
thanks, same issue here, disconnected microsoft kb mouse and wala, issue resolved.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage User

did you ever find the solution?

I just installed the 64 bit client on my win 10 and it is doing the same thing how did you solve this if you did ??
THANX
MITCH