SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Sage User

Question SageTV Client: Initial tuning or video loading is very slow

I've been enjoying sageTV for about 5 years now, and mostly have just let it record my favorites to watch them at a later time.

I recently got a new PC and noticed that all my recordings would take about 15-20 seconds to load up when I clicked "watch". Once I was watching, there was no delay in fast-forwarding/rewinding or any other function..... just the loadup time. The same applies for any "live" show I choose from the EPG.

My server has remained unchanged during all of this... if I disable the service on my server and then run SageTV on that PC, there appears to be a normal delay of 2-5 seconds to load up my shows. So it would seem that my problem has something to do with the interaction between the server and client....?

If I use Neilms web server to stream shows, it loads much faster than my client. If I use Placeshifter, watching recorded shows AND changing channels are both almost instantaneous. Only the Client seems to have this issue.

Anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening??

Thanks!
-A

Ps: My new PC uses an Nvidia video card and has a core2 duo 3.0Ghz processor.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Sage Expert

I have the identical problem, but without other clients to check the situation.

I'd love to here a solution....I found that sometimes hitting "LiveTV" gets me to seeing video sooner, but not all the time and when it does, skipping forward and backward gets screwed up.

-B