SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Sage Expert

Launch external program via keypress

Hey guys... I'm wanting to be able to launch an external program by pressing a button on my remote. I'm using a usb-uirt controlled by SageTV. What I want the button to do is send a page request to my Homeseer webserver that in turn sends a request to my x10 controlled lights to either turn off or on. I've written the custom webpage and have tested it. I can do a simple 'wget' on the page (one for on and one for off) and get the desired result. The last part is tying the wget call with the SageTV button press.

Can someone tell me the easiest way to accomplish this? Do I need to use SageTV Studio to do this?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

With the disclaimer that I know nothing about this topic, there is a customization for Sage-based control of home systems. It might not only save you some time and programming, but it actually has a screen menu with all of your options already in it, I believe. Sift through a few pages, you'll find it.

I don't know if it applies to your make and model though.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the info.. I looked through 5-6 pages and ran across a few posts pertaining to HAL and MainLobby. These are not applicable to my situation.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if this will do what you want either.

Could you try neilm's Dynamic Menus, setup a menu item for the external program and then assign a shortcut key?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since you are dealing with web pages... try this

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=simple+web
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the advice guys.. I went back to using Girder for my IR processing. Adding the script call to Girder was very easy. Now I can turn off my tv, receiver and lights with a single button press on my Harmony remote.