SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
New Sage Install, need old recorded TV

OK, I'm certain that this is covered in another thread somewhere and I did search to no avail.
I just moved my SageTV server from XP to Vista. I was hoping that just installing Sage on top of the old install directory would have it pick up my old recordings, but alas...no. I've still got the recordings, and they show up in my Videos, but I'd like to get them imported into my Recorded TV. I've got the webserver up and running, but I can not figure out how to batch import my old recordings to my new Sage install. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage Expert

FAQ: How to move files, change recording dirs, etc.

and a plagiarized comment, if you're using UAC by default, to go along with it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You can copy wiz.bin to a new system & that will keep your Favorites, viewing hostory, recordings, etc. But, the properties files should not be copied to a new system -- do a full reconfiguration of a all tuners on the new system instead.

If he copied wiz.bin from Vista, it is possible that he copied the rong one: the real one may be in the VirtualStore instead of the SageTV directory.

- Andy