SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Menu navigation sounds from HD100 playing on server?

Has anyone else experienced this? I was sitting in my office and kept hear "click, click, swoosh, click". I went into the room where our server sits and low and behold it was playing the navigation menu sounds from the HD100 my wife was using downstairs. The navigation sounds were NOT playing through the HD100. Weird?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think the HD100 or MVP can play UI/navigation sounds so the behavior you are experiencing is from a limitation of the extenders.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds executed from an extender are executed in the server context, so they end up actually playing on the server. There isn't anything we can do about it. You can shut off sounds in the SageMC Options screen.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Learn something new every day! Thanks for the feedback guys.

I gotta say (you can't hijack your own thread right?) I'm loving my HD100 with the new hd-pvr drivers. Three cableboxes changing channels via firewire to three hd-pvr's and an HD100 for a full HD audio and video experience. Switched it all over to optical cables and watched live Monday Night Football and you'd never know it wasn't straight from the cable box. Biggest downsides within SageTV (switching from Client to Extender) are the loss of DVD playback, Pandora Radio, and Netflix (I know about the workaround). Biggest general loss, and one we didn't realize we would miss so much, was the use of the client computer for internet access. My fix was to add a "Use Computer" activity to the Harmony One. For now WAF is an 8 which is about as high as it can get without Sage improving their music indexing and playback functionality. I'm hopeful they're making progress on EVR support. It'll be great to have all the functionality back in one box. For now however, things in our house are working great! I'll be even more ecstatic if my C2 hd-pvr's don't need to be reset after a few days. Oh, here's to an efficient h.264 commercial detection. Erik and Jere are hopefully hard at it!

Am I all over the place in this post or what?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7

Last edited by GollyJer; 10-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.