SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage User

Feature request: "Views" enhancement

I'd REALLY like be able to assign specific TV shows to specific View categories within the SageTV Recordings screen. For example, I could assign "60 Minutes", "Frontline" and "Nightline" to a "News" View category.

This would make organizing and browsing show types a LOT easier. A feature that's hard to give up once you've gotten used to it. ReplayTV, and maybe others, have been doing this for years.

Here's how the UI could work: When the user selects a show to manually record or sets up a Favorite, they'd have the option to assign the show to one or more View categories. Once recorded, the recorded shows would show up under the designated View(s). Modifications could be done in a manner similar to using filters and categories in the "Recordings" screen.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage User

I agree whole-heartedly. That's the only feature I miss from my old ReplayTV boxes. In our family, we used them to filter each individual's recordings and then had a general 'Family' category for those shows that all of us watched. Made wading through the many, many recorded shows vastly easier.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Sage User

This would increase my WAF immensely. I'd love to see it, especially if you could define custom tags.

I'd really rather see true multi-user support, but this would go a long way to solving the problem, and it seems it might be be easier to implement.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post
This would increase my WAF immensely. I'd love to see it, especially if you could define custom tags.

I'd really rather see true multi-user support, but this would go a long way to solving the problem, and it seems it might be be easier to implement.
The only problem with real multi-user support is that it's hard to implement and, I think, it would be hard to use. Tagging shows with a category (to use the ReplayTV terminology) should be easy.

This would also increase my family's overall happiness with SageTV. (That, and the ability to re-record shows already tagged as watched.)