SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

UIRT to control 3rd party components

Can I use UIRT to say tune off the TV, and Speakers (Z-680)?

Is this something can only be done with Girder, I haven't seen anything like this in SageTv beta (maybe a feature request is coming)

I'd like to hit the power and it take care of all my compnents with out a learning remote (I think it would be cool if it was easy to teach Sage to do this!!)

- Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 07:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I believe this would be a Girder only function. Also you may have to pick up a couple of external emitters to accomplish this, depending on where your components are placed. But it's very easy to do with Girder, I've got it set-up to turn off all components with one button.

Davey
Old 02-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

davey...

I figured this would be a job for Girder. I've never really wanted to try it, but would Girder interfere with the normal operations of my UIRT with SAGE and/or the hauppage remote and it receiver that I'm using right now? Or will it play nice with everything running together?

-Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

You would have to use Girder to control Sage (couldn't use Sage's native support for the UIRT) since AFAIK they can't both use it at the same time. It's not really a big deal though, I always use girder (my remote isn't supported by Sage). You might want to check out my GML for SageTV. The only difference is that you don't set up your remote from inside Sage.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...1062#post21062
Old 02-18-2004, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

I think a fairly recent update (either to the Girder plugin or the Sage plugin or the USB-UIRT firmware) enables simultaneous use by both Girder and SageTV. That said, I, too, just use Girder exlusively.

Last edited by salsbst; 02-18-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I may look at it.. that would take care of my problem with Sage not learning commands right now.

Hate to have something else to fight with but I might look at it.

Thanks

-Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Girder is actually quite easy to use once you get over the initial learning phase. Salsbst is right there is a recent driver that allows sharing. I user Gider to control Sage, Theatertek, and all my external components. I love it!

Davey
Old 05-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

can someone tell me where to get the good usb-uirt driver that allows my to use both the usbuirt girder plugin WITH sage's native usbuirt support?

currently, i can't get them both to play well together. i'm very comfortable with girder and sage..

-fodder

ps- i just bought my usbuirt this week, and downloaded all the latest drivers etc. from the usbuirt website. (no software came with the product.)
Old 05-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

just found the answer to my question above. there IS a new usb-uirt girder plugin, version 2.6.9, that supposedly plays well with sage's native usb-uirt support. scroll down to FAMILY MAN's post in this thread:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...+girder+plugin

thanks, FAMILY MAN!

hope this helps somene else--

-fodder