SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Best order to sort sky EPG data

I'm currently having a right nightmare sorting out EPG data on a fresh install.
I have everything working as it should be, but can't seem to figure out the best order in which to do things.

If I add the Sky tuner, and tell it I'm using xmltv, then I get all the channels I've imported, but all the channel numbers are zero because it downloaded them straight from the xmltv file. After that I then need to do a channel scan, and alter the physical location of all my sky channels. Nightmare.

So instead I decided to do a channel scan first, then fill in the channel data into stephane's importer. Then I uploaded the data, and then told sage I was using an xmltv source. Sage then deletes all the channels from the lineup except the one's imported. This means that I have no other channels to add if I find I've missed one. And if I then do a rescan to get the other channels back, all the imported channels stay in the channel setup list, but the numbers alter.
It's hard to explain, but it's taken me about 3 hours so far and I'm no better off.
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Follow the order as stated in this post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=18

This is the best way I have found to set-up sage with DVB

Whitey
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
I decided to do a channel scan first, then fill in the channel data into stephane's importer. Then I uploaded the data, and then told sage I was using an xmltv source.
This is the proper way to do it. If you do a channel scan after that it will mess things up.

If you want to add a channel after that, you can manually add it to the .frq file, then add it in the Importer and you're done.

Now for sorting channel => you do this in the .frq file by changing their numbers, reload this file in the Importer (wiping out your old lineup) and import it again.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to enterpryse
Thumbs down

I've spent hours and hours trying to get this right and ultimately given up for now. The system/bolt on software and how it marries things up needs a complete re-think IMHO - nothing should be this hard for the standard user.

Ive tried every combination of fix and re-installed twice. I can get it close to right then something completely screws it up.

I'm not a newbie to PC's either, I have a lot of experience with them which makes this post highly embarrassing. Still I figure that people need to know it is not easy!!

FWIW I am trying to use 2 x Freeview Tuners and a Satellite tuner. Freeview worls a treat with the standard EPG but as soon as the Digiview EPG data is imported using Stephan's importer the whole line up gets completely screwed nomatter what is done with the FRQ files.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterpryse View Post
as soon as the Digiview EPG data is imported using Stephan's importer the whole line up gets completely screwed nomatter what is done with the FRQ files.
You have to:

1) Do a scan within SageTV on your 2 Freeview tuners, and on your Sat tuner. This will give you three frq files.
2) Shutdown SageTV
3) Edit the freeview frq files to your liking. Edit only one of them, and copy the content of the edited one over the second one
4) In the Importer create a lineup for Freeview, and point the Importer to one of the Freeview frq file. This will download the channels contained in the frq file and get their numbers. Edit the lineup so as each channel get XMLTV data
5) Create another lineup for Sat, this time loading the frq file for the sat tuner
6) Import your guide data
7) Start SageTV and assing the XMLTV lineups to your freeview tuners and sat tuner
8) Done

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Red face

Thanks again, I know this must be frustrating for you too Stephane!

OK, here we go..... see you on the other side.....report back later...
Old 11-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs down

Yep, here we go again....

Now I am getting ..

Unexpected erro
XMLTV Importer for Sage TV has experienced an unexpected error (cannot create instance of Xmltv Sources dfine in asembly LMGestion.XMLTVimporter.Xmltv....................contact our support team....

Like I said this isn't easy - even if the two issues are unrelated

Sorry I didn't mean to hyjack the thread..
Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
XMLTV Importer for Sage TV has experienced an unexpected error (cannot create instance of Xmltv Sources dfine in asembly LMGestion.XMLTVimporter.Xmltv....................contact our support team
I'll need to see your log files (you'll find .log file in the Config & Log directory that you can open from the Update Guide Data menu).

Send me your log file to lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Logs sent .....

Thanks

Stuart
Old 12-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Weeks Later This is still driving me crazy.

I have managed to sort out Freeview (both tuners) with Digiguide and these work but as soon as I introduce the satellite tuner things go squiffy again.

It really shouldn't be this hard

Old 12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have managed to sort out Freeview (both tuners) with Digiguide and these work but as soon as I introduce the satellite tuner things go squiffy again.
Can you elaborate?

Quote:
It really shouldn't be this hard
Indeed, if you follow exactly my last quick steps list it shouldn't. So I guess you must be doing something that is not in this list.