SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Two clients running?

I was having difficulty getting any video to display on my client box until I put it to sleep and found another copy of the client running right below it. Has SageTVClient always allowed you to run more than one copy of itself simultaneously? It can certainly screw some stuff up.

I'm planning on sending in a bug report but I thought I'd get some forum feed back on this before I do. Has anyone else ever had a problem with this? Is there an easy way to prevent it? Has this ever been a useful feature for someone?

t
Old 02-23-2004, 07:04 AM

I have noticed this before with 1.4. It always allowed it, but I could never figure out a reason to do it.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Administrator

I noticed this a couple weeks ago and filed a bug report. From a programmer's point of view, it appears that SageTVClient simply isn't checking the process name correctly when you start another instance of the program. SageTV correctly sees that it is already running & switches to that, while SageTVClient does not do this.

This came as a result of trying to help someone get the client to wake up & run from a command file, same as the server. If you run SageTV.exe, it will start a new process if it isn't already running, or wake/bring focus to the one already running. SageTVClient.exe will always simply run another copy of itself.

A similar problem was seen while trying to run SageTVRecorder (or the client?) on the server -- they all seem to look for the SageTV process & switch focus to it instead.

- Andy
Old 02-23-2004, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Notied this before with beta and previous version. I could always tell once I started watching and hearing 2 audio tracks running. There needs to be a way for this to act just like the server program.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Found the thread where SageRecorder would come up instead of SageTV, starting at the post in the thread link.

This is the same issue as I mentioned starting at post #20 of that thread, since that is when I tested it. It was more than a couple weeks ago... Jan 25.

You could always report it too, just in case my report slipped through the cracks.

- Andy
Old 02-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

This happens on my kids SAGE CLIENT all the time in V1.4. They know enough to look for it and close the previous version...

Follower
Old 02-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Okay, I submitted a new bug report just to make sure it makes their radar.

t