SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just upgraded to v1.2 from v1.1. Everything went ok. When I enter http://<server>/sagem/m/menu.jsp int the url, it still says
"SageTV Mobile Web Interface Version 1.1" on the bottom.
Should this be version 1.2 now.

Thanks

Last edited by banmj; 10-03-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Icon

You could just do the last step below to fix it, but if you can try them all, I'm interested to know which one gets it working.

Make sure jetty/webapps/SageWebApp.war was overwritten. If not, reextract the zip file and make sure it's overwritten.

If that's fine, then Jetty didn't extract the war file to the working folder (/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp/). Try updating the timestamp on jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml (open and save it, or run 'touch' if you have that). That should trigger Jetty to extract it. Sometimes that doesn't work, especially on Windows where the files in the working folder can be locked.

If it still doesn't work, delete the working folder then update the timestamp on jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml to trigger the war extraction.

If it still isn't fixed, shut down SageTV, delete the working folder, then start SageTV. Jetty will recreate the working folder and extract the war file into it.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help. I went through all the steps, and the last one fixed it.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
In any case, would it be possible to add the 'Stream with Orb' to the next release into the options body portion of the Mobile Webserver?

Example: http://mycast.orb.com/orb/data/strea...e-3332331-0%22

-Jason
Just as a quick follow up, would this be feasible? I looked at the wiki in terms of adding a sub-command to the recordings menu, but it only lists instructions for the main menu.

Would adding a 'stream with orb' function be relatively easy with this plugin?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

I hadn't thought about making the buttons customizable. I'll think about that.

As for Orb, does it work well on nielm's web server? I don't use it so I can't offer much support but I'll add it if others are willing to verify it for me.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I hadn't thought about making the buttons customizable. I'll think about that.

As for Orb, does it work well on nielm's web server? I don't use it so I can't offer much support but I'll add it if others are willing to verify it for me.
Thanks for the buttons! As far as Orb goes, it really depends on the server and the speed of your specific provider as far as your uplink throughput. I have no problems on either, so I am happy with Orb.

Put it in... I'll check it! My trusty Treo will love you... at least until the new Touch Pro2 comes in!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I am happy with Orb.

Put it in... I'll check it!
I'll check it too
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have 1.2 up and running, inculding sys messages, so I know I'm functional, but I'm still seeing the issues with drop downs not being populated. In other words, when I go to add a favorite directly from the show listing, all the boxes are empty.

Also, I am not able to find certain shows via search or just manually in the drop down, even though they appear in the listings. I have not yet installed neilm's webserver yet, if that has anything to do with it.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool I don't have Nielm's webserver installed either

Nielm did some excellent work with the webserver. The mobile plugin, however, does not need Nielm's webserver. In fact, it may actually work better with the jetty webserver.

STEPS
1. Install the jettty webserver IAW instructions (exactly)
2. Install the mobile webserver IAW instructions (exactly)

NOTE: IF ANY SAGE PROCESSES ARE RUNNING DURING CONFIGURATION, THE CONFIGURATION MOST LIKELY WILL NOT COMPLETE OR BE SAVED.

After shutdown sagetv and sagetvservice, use CTRL-ALT-DEL to make sure that no sage processes are running and that comskip and/or dirmon is/are shutdown (if applicable). You must make the mobile webserver change to sage.properties with all sage processes shutdown.

Remember, a sagetv directory exists inside the sagetv directory. Make sure you copy files and folders to the right level.

As always, if it should be working, reboot and then test again.

Test the mobile web interface from the pc it is running on before trying via a mobile phone. It should work regardless of the access location.

Last edited by doncote0; 10-12-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
I have 1.2 up and running, inculding sys messages, so I know I'm functional, but I'm still seeing the issues with drop downs not being populated. In other words, when I go to add a favorite directly from the show listing, all the boxes are empty.
Can you try this in a desktop browser (IE, FF, Safari, etc) and see if you still have the problem? Also, what mobile device and browser are you using?

Quote:
Also, I am not able to find certain shows via search or just manually in the drop down, even though they appear in the listings. I have not yet installed neilm's webserver yet, if that has anything to do with it.
Earlier versions of the mobile web interface were dependent on a few classes from the jar file for nielm's web server. In version 1.2, those dependencies are gone. Also try upgrading to version 1.6 of the Jetty plugin and see if that resolves it.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Works fine in firefox on the same network. Windows Mobile 6.5 on two different devices using Pocket IE. Not sure how to tell what jetty version from the debug txt, but this is a fresh whs install from the ground up about two weeks ago, so it is whatever was available then. Here is what debug shows:

Code:
Tue 10/13 2:05:35.841 [main@29428e] classpath=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\;;JARs\activation.jar;JARs\ant-1.6.5.jar;JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar;JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar;JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar;JARs\commons-lang-2.4.jar;JARs\commons-logging-api.jar;JARs\commons-logging.jar;JARs\core-3.1.1.jar;JARs\df_sageutils.jar;JARs\imageutils.jar;JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar;JARs\jdic.jar;JARs\jetty-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-starter.jar;JARs\jetty-util-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jsp-2.1.jar;JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar;JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar;JARs\log4j.jar;JARs\mail.jar;JARs\mailcheck.jar;JARs\mx4j-impl.jar;JARs\mx4j-jmx.jar;JARs\mx4j-remote.jar;JARs\mx4j-tools.jar;JARs\nielm_getrssnews.jar;JARs\nielm_sageimdb.jar;JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar;JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar;JARs\phoenix.jar;JARs\sagemc.jar;JARs\
Search issue is resolved, I wasn't aware that "match exact" was cap sensitive as well.

Last edited by Opus4; 10-14-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: use [code] tag around very wide line
Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Works fine in firefox on the same network. Windows Mobile 6.5 on two different devices using Pocket IE. Not sure how to tell what jetty version from the debug txt, but this is a fresh whs install from the ground up about two weeks ago, so it is whatever was available then. Here is what debug shows:

Search issue is resolved, I wasn't aware that "match exact" was cap sensitive as well.
I'll do some research on Windows Mobile and see what I can turn up. You're running the Jetty plugin version 1.6 (it was the first version to use Jetty 6.1.19).
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just installed this plugin. Very, very nice. This is exactly what I have needed as a quick way to search airings, check on upcoming recordings and manage recorded shows while I am away from home.

One small request (actually probably not that small); is there a way currently to sort the recordings alphabetically? If not, can this be added as a feature? I have a LOT of recordings and scrolling the list when it is not alphabetical takes a while.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs View Post
Just installed this plugin. Very, very nice. This is exactly what I have needed as a quick way to search airings, check on upcoming recordings and manage recorded shows while I am away from home.

One small request (actually probably not that small); is there a way currently to sort the recordings alphabetically? If not, can this be added as a feature? I have a LOT of recordings and scrolling the list when it is not alphabetical takes a while.

Cheers
Lester
I'm glad you find it useful.

There's no sorting right now. I'll put it on the list of requests but I have higher priorities right now. If it turns out to be easy it might find its way in but there's no guarantee.

Another option you can use is the search feature off the main menu. I realize it's not what you're asking for, but it can be used to find specific recordings.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

One other thing I've noticed on both of my winmo devices is that the alerts cannot be deleted or reset, just brings up an error. No big deal it's great that they're there, but it would be useful to be able to deal with them thius way.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can I make a wish?

This is a great little tool. Got it running today in about 20 minutes -- very handy thanks.

So here is my wish, and I know it's a biggie...

I'd love to be able to access my music folder from this interface. I'd love to be able to create and/or select a playlist from my mobile device and stream the playlist to the device itself. Even better, I'd love to be able to select a playlist or artist or album and have the option to send all the contents to the SD card on my mobile device for local playback.

Scenario -- I'm on the road in a Wifi hotspot and I've run out of tunes to listen to, or I've forgotten to download some for listening. I open my Sage mobile connection, find or create a playlist and download a couple hours worth of tunes to my SD card while I am waiting for my flight.

I believe Orb can stream the tunes, but doesn't allow download/sync of a playlist. Not exactly sure how one would pull this off but it would be very cool.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
I have a Palm Pre. The last log has this entry:
173.XXX.XXX.XXX - - [17/Sep/2009:22:05:41 +0000] "GET /sagem/m/menu.jsp HTTP/1.1" 401 1387 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0"
I have the same problem with my Pre.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

figure I'll throw out my wishlist too

I'd like to be able to access my video collection (dvd, bd, etc). What im really interested in is just a list of what my collection is.. that way if im at the store or blockbuster i dont have to guess if i have a movie or not

BTW, love the plugin works great on BB Tour.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One other thing I've noticed on both of my winmo devices is that the alerts cannot be deleted or reset, just brings up an error. No big deal it's great that they're there, but it would be useful to be able to deal with them thius way.
What sort of error? Windows Mobile seems to have a problem with how I've implemented a couple things. I'm curious what it might be.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

The command "Reset Alert Level" failed.

This happens no matter whether I delete all, check the box of one, or click reset alert

Tags
mobile, web