SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow Plugin: Mobile Web Interface 1.2

The SageTV Mobile Web Interface is now officially available!

This provides access to your SageTV server through the web browser on your mobile device. It's possible to use nielm's web server on mobile devices, but the pages are not easily viewable on smaller screens and some devices have problems with the JavaScript. The mobile web interface is designed for smaller screens and more limited browsers.

Early adopters have followed development over on another thread. Now that the mobile web interface is officially available, support will be provided in this thread.

Get the mobile web interface from its download page, and see installation instructions, version history and other information on the wiki page.

UPDATE: For users of SageTV v7, use the new thread in the v7 Customizations Forum for support and updates.
Jason
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Last edited by jreichen; 07-17-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

I'm getting a HTTP ERROR: 500 while trying to search recordings. I have debug turned on in the jettystarter.properties, but do not seem to be getting anything in the debug logs...what should I be looking for?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I'm getting a HTTP ERROR: 500 while trying to search recordings. I have debug turned on in the jettystarter.properties, but do not seem to be getting anything in the debug logs...what should I be looking for?
Did you restart SageTV after turning on debug logging? The log messages are written to sagetv_0.txt.

Also, the mobile web server still has dependencies on nielm's webserver so that has to be installed.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

More info on the actual error message.

Code:
HTTP ERROR: 500

/WEB-INF/jspf/m/airinglist.jspf(10,6) PWC6139: Unable to find setter method for attribute: object

RequestURI=/sage/m/searchrecordings.jsp
Caused by:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /WEB-INF/jspf/m/airinglist.jspf(10,6) PWC6139: Unable to find setter method for attribute: object
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:62)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:357)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:185)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.evaluateAttribute(Generator.java:2885)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.generateSetters(Generator.java:3042)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.generateCustomDoTag(Generator.java:2570)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:1778)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$CustomTag.accept(Node.java:1482)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2257)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2307)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:1805)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:1805)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2313)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:481)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator.generate(Generator.java:3494)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:227)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:409)
	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:344)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:470)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:364)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:997)
	at org.apache.jsp.m.searchrecordings_jsp._jspx_meth_c_if_4(org.apache.jsp.m.searchrecordings_jsp:1027)
	at org.apache.jsp.m.searchrecordings_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.m.searchrecordings_jsp:231)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:470)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:364)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1097)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:129)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector$SslConnection.run(SslSocketConnector.java:635)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Did you restart SageTV after turning on debug logging? The log messages are written to sagetv_0.txt.

Also, the mobile web server still has dependencies on nielm's webserver so that has to be installed.
Yep, even deleted the old sagetv_0.txt files, restarted, and got the new files, right after trying to do a search recordings. Checked jettystarter.properties, and debug is still set, as it should be.

Also have nielm's webserver running too, everything worked up until I upgraded from Jetty Plugin 1.3 to 1.4, and installed 1.0 of the Mobile Web Interface.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Yep, even deleted the old sagetv_0.txt files, restarted, and got the new files, right after trying to do a search recordings. Checked jettystarter.properties, and debug is still set, as it should be.

Also have nielm's webserver running too, everything worked up until I upgraded from Jetty Plugin 1.3 to 1.4, and installed 1.0 of the Mobile Web Interface.
Voorhees had the same problem in the pre-release version. It has to do with the wrapper apis used in the jsp pages. I'm now using auto-generated wrappers and a few of them have different attribute names and are not being updated when the web app is upgraded. Check out the post on the old thread.
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, sorry I did not follow all of that earlier. That was the problem. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed this today and was up and running in about 10 minutes. This is a very nice package and looks great on the iPhone. This will make it very convenient to check on upcoming recordings, schedule recordings, and resolve conflicts while away from home just using a smart phone.

Excellent Work!

My only feature request would be adding a simple index.jsp or other default home page entry in the jetty configuration to minimize the size of the URL that a user would have to type in.

...such as: http://<server>:<port>/sage

I know I can probably dig around in the jetty configuration and set this up for myself, but I think it would be nice for all users.

Thank You!
shadeBlue
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 11-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks! It's always good to hear someone new has installed it.

I was traveling across the plains last night and scheduling today's football games to record

The default page is currently configured in web.xml to show home.jsp if you enter http://<server>:<port>/sage/m. I myself prefer the menu.jsp and may change it to that in the next release.

Right now it's not easy for users to customize the pages or configuration. I've had a couple requests for it now. I'll see what people want as they get more familiar with the app. I haven't tried doing much customization so I'm not sure what can and can't be done.

Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Jason,

What is required from Nielm's webserver to make this work? I have done a clean install for the 6.52 beta and I would like to only install files which are necessary.

TIA

B
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

It uses a few servlets from nielm's webserver. Technically it doesn't need the whole webserver installed and configured, just the servlet class files (and dependencies) in the classpath.

All you should need to do is put the nielm_sagewebserver.jar, nielm_sageutls.jar, and maybe nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar in the SAGE_HOME/JARs folder.

The extenders.properties files can optionally be put into the SAGE_HOME/webserver folder if you want to assign user-friendly names to your extenders.

At some point I want to remove these dependencies. For now, however, it saved me a lot of development time to reuse them.

Let me know how it goes and I'll update the wiki instructions for those who don't want to run nielm's webserver.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Just wanted to say thanks for the app--works like a charm on my BB 8700.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage Expert

Just installed this and it works like a charm. Great job! Looks good on my iphone.

Question. I'm using no-ip to access both nielm's webserver and now this. Is there a way to setup a service like no-ip where I can specify the port and not have to type it in every time? (instead of http://iport/sage/m I'd like to be able to just type http://ip/sage/m)
Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just installed this and it works like a charm. Great job! Looks good on my iphone.

Question. I'm using no-ip to access both nielm's webserver and now this. Is there a way to setup a service like no-ip where I can specify the port and not have to type it in every time? (instead of http://iport/sage/m I'd like to be able to just type http://ip/sage/m)
popechild,

In your NO-IP hosts management section, you can create a "Web Redirect" record to point to the specific server path and port you wish to access. For example, you could create:

Hostname: mobile.mydomain.com
pointed to...
URL: http:// mydomain.com:8080/sage/m

Then just access the address "mobile.mydomain.com" from your mobile device.

-SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks! Good to know we've got another user

Quote:
I'm not sure. Maybe somebody else knows and will post the answer...

EDIT: Thanks shadeblue. My email notified me of your message right when I submitted my post
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
popechild,

In your NO-IP hosts management section, you can create a "Web Redirect" record to point to the specific server path and port you wish to access. For example, you could create:

Hostname: mobile.mydomain.com
pointed to...
URL: http:// mydomain.com:8080/sage/m

Then just access the address "mobile.mydomain.com" from your mobile device.

-SB
I'm trying to do this and I think I'm missing something. If I go into my management section, I see that http://mydomain.no-ip.org is set to Host Type: DNA Host (A), and it points to my current IP address (that my local no-ip DUC updates)

If I try to change it from DNA Host (A) to the Web Redirect option, using http://mydomain.no-ip.org:8080/sage/m/menu.jsp as the address, I get the error "Host must not redirect to itself."

Thoughts?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm trying to do this and I think I'm missing something. If I go into my management section, I see that http://mydomain.no-ip.org is set to Host Type: DNA Host (A), and it points to my current IP address (that my local no-ip DUC updates)

If I try to change it from DNA Host (A) to the Web Redirect option, using http://mydomain.no-ip.org:8080/sage/m/menu.jsp as the address, I get the error "Host must not redirect to itself."

Thoughts?

OK, I just logged on and tested it out. It seems they have changed their whole website recently.. Now I can only create the web redirect as I suggested in the previous post on a paid (No-IP Plus) domain account. I cannot get it to work on any of the free accounts. In the dropdown box where you select your "no-ip.org", I see may paid domain "mydomain.com" and I can select that and create the web redirect.

So, I don't know if this is a bug with their new site of if they decided to restrict this feature to only paid accounts. (or maybe that is the way it always worked and I just did not realize it) You may want to check with their tech support to find out. I did confirm that I could create the web redirect to my own domain with alternate port on my paid "No-Ip Plus" account.

Thanks,
SB

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 12-07-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to create a separate sub domain to forward to. www.my-domain.com should forward to home.my-domain.com:port

B

PS - If you register a domain with dns-exit.com they offer the redirect as part of it for dynamic ips.

Last edited by bcjenkins; 12-07-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installation appeared to go fine ... Once Installed I was able access the web page and login, but this is what I am receiving from the browser. I have opened the sagewebapp.xml and resave it (or 'touch' the file) to update the timestamp on a number of occasions, but still no change.

when I use "http://Server:PORT/sage/m/menu.jsp" URL, I get the following
HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND
RequestURI=/sage/m/menu.jsp