SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
I have the same problem with my Pre.
Thanks for the confirmation. I've added it to the devices wiki page. I see it once in a while on my iPhone (it also has a WebKit browser). I enter the user/password once, then cancel the prompt repeatedly until it stops - usually around 10 times. Then a refresh will load everything. For some reason it prompts for a password for every request (the page, images, stylesheets, etc) if it doesn't already have the password.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
The command "Reset Alert Level" failed.

This happens no matter whether I delete all, check the box of one, or click reset alert
This might be Java classpath-related rather than Windows Mobile. Try this:
  1. Shut down SageTV
  2. Delete the mobile web interface working folder (jetty/webapps/SageWebApp). Make sure to leave the war file in the jetty/webapps folder.
  3. Start SageTV. The working folder will be recreated from the war during startup.
  4. Try to reset the alert level.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Skiier__Dude and razrsharpe: Thanks for the feedback. I've thought about adding those but don't know how soon I'd be able to make them happen. Both your use cases are great examples of how the features would be useful.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I've added it to the devices wiki page. I see it once in a while on my iPhone (it also has a WebKit browser). I enter the user/password once, then cancel the prompt repeatedly until it stops - usually around 10 times. Then a refresh will load everything. For some reason it prompts for a password for every request (the page, images, stylesheets, etc) if it doesn't already have the password.
A developer created a WebOS native application to remote control using nielm's web interface. On the support thread he says:

Quote:
What I did is created a bookmark in the browser in this format
Code:

http://usernameassword@server:8080/sage/home

which goes around the bug with HTTP Auth in webOS.
See http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...36#post1973963.

It sounds related, but I couldn't find any information in "the bug."

Rich
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

I switched over to the Jetty version of the web interface and now I can't seem to get SSL working for the mobile interface. If I browse to https://[servername]:[ssl port]/sagem/m/menu.jsp, I get a 503 error saying the service is unavailable. All other Jetty apps are working fine over SSL.

Any idea what I messed up?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 11-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does this app support streaming via the VLC methods supported in nielm's webserver, or via Orb? (Or, other than the 'download' function) I don't currently have vlc support installed, but if it was incorporated into this I would. I've actually got it installed, and I don't see support, buuut I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hidden.

thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face This is not Nielm's Webserver

I have not used that one in a long time and never to a phone. I cannot answer that for sure, but while similar the webservers are distinctly different. This one uses the jetty webserver.

If nielm got transcoding and streaming working well, maybe the two could get together on a working solution for both.

Orb does the transcoding on the host pc and streams to the destination.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Installing on OSX (Mac)

I'm trying to install this plugin on my SageTV server running under OSX. However Sage seems unable to load the Jetty engine when it starts up - more precisely - it cannot find the JAR to load the class.

I've installed the file, stopped the sage server, added the following to Sage.properties:

Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=sagex.jetty.starter.Main
After turning on the debug logging, the sage log says:

Code:
Sun 11/29 12:59:25.100 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.jetty.starter.Main
I've installed plugin files according to the Wiki - its not explicit about how it should installed under mac osx - but my guess was that the files should go in /Library/Application Support/Sage TV

Here is some information from the log regarding CLASSPATH and configuration.

Code:
Sun 11/29 13:38:23.196 user.dir2=/Library/Application Support/SageTV/Data
Sun 11/29 13:38:23.197 classpath=.:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Sage.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/commons-jxpath-1.1.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/commons-logging-api.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/commons-logging.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/jcifs-1.1.6.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/mx4j-impl.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/mx4j-jmx.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/mx4j-remote.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/mx4j-tools.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/sbbi-jmx-1.0.jar:/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs/sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
Sun 11/29 13:38:23.208 JVM version=1.5.0_20
Sun 11/29 13:38:23.208 OS=Mac OS X 10.5.8
Sun 11/29 13:38:23.219 SageTV V6.5.9.1

I'm guessing this is probably solved just by putting the JARs in the proper place, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

My best guess would be to install the jars in this path:

/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs

But I don't use OSX, so that's just an educated guess based on that output.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
My best guess would be to install the jars in this path:

/Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs

But I don't use OSX, so that's just an educated guess based on that output.
Thanks Slugger,

After copying the JARs to the above directory, I no longer get the ClassNotFoundException, however the jetty engine still will not answer HTTP requests on the default port 8080.

I think that the config files for the jetty engine may have to go somewhere special to?

Last edited by griley; 11-30-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

No educated guess this time. Nothing in that output suggests to me where to put the jetty config dir. I'd turn on Sage's debug logging and see if Jetty spits out any complaints at startup - might tell you where it's looking for the config files.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I switched over to the Jetty version of the web interface and now I can't seem to get SSL working for the mobile interface. If I browse to:
Code:
https://[servername]:[ssl port]/sagem/m/menu.jsp
I get a 503 error saying the service is unavailable. All other Jetty apps are working fine over SSL.

Any idea what I messed up?
Not sure if I asked a stupid question (if so, feel free to slap me with a large, smelly trout) or if my question was just missed, so I'll try to ask very nicely... am I doing something wrong or does the Mobile Web not yet work with the new Jetty web interface over SSL?

Last edited by Skirge01; 12-04-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

It's not a stupid question Sorry to leave you hanging, I haven't been too active on the forums lately.

Let me start with some basic questions and forgive me if they're obvious to you or if the answers are implied in your post:
  • Was SSL working for the mobile web interface before? Make sure Jetty's SSL is set up correctly. Jetty's SSL configuration is different than the TJWS (Tiny Java Web Server) configuration used when nielm's web interface is running on its own (although they can both point to the same SSL certificate).
  • The download for nielm's web interface does not include the mobile web interface. They are separate. Have you installed both downloads?
  • Are you running version 1.2 of the mobile web interface? Versions 1.0 and 1.1 were set up to use the 'sage' context (http://<server>:<port>/sage). It was changed to 'sagem' in version 1.2 so that nielm's web interface could use 'sage'.
You might want to try shutting down SageTV, deleting the SAGE_HOME/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp directory, then restarting SageTV. Sometimes Jetty doesn't clean up the app's working directory properly when the war file is updated.

Make sure the context file for the mobile web interface was overwritten the last time you updated it. That file is SAGE_HOME/jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml and is what specifies the 'sagem' context. Make sure it is 'sagem' and not 'sage':
Code:
<Set name="contextPath">/sagem</Set>
If it's still not working, check SageTV's log file for any errors. If you're not sure, post it here and I'll take a look at it.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

griley, I run the Mac Placeshifter and the client but not the server. Based on the files I see in the directory structure it looks like the 'jetty' folder should also be in /Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs. I don't see a SageTV properties file on my system so I'd put JettyStarter.properties in the same place. If you find a SageTV properties file on your system then JettyStarter.properties might go in that location.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

EDIT #2: After one more try of shutting down Sage, deleting the sagewebapp folder and updating the context file (both as you suggested), it's working!!!! Disregard all my other comments below at this point. Thanks!!!!

Quote:
It's not a stupid question Sorry to leave you hanging, I haven't been too active on the forums lately.
Not a problem. I know you guys have actual lives. I just thought maybe I asked something which was answered many times before and was being ignored for once.

Quote:
  • Was SSL working for the mobile web interface before? Make sure Jetty's SSL is set up correctly. Jetty's SSL configuration is different than the TJWS (Tiny Java Web Server) configuration used when nielm's web interface is running on its own (although they can both point to the same SSL certificate).
Yes. I'm running SJQ, SageAlert, and the regular Sage Web Interface via Jetty SSL without issue.

Quote:
  • The download for nielm's web interface does not include the mobile web interface. They are separate. Have you installed both downloads?

This might be the issue. I had the mobile version installed prior to the switch to the Jetty version, but may have deleted some things during the transition. Would you mind pointing me directly to the mobile web file I need to download, so I ensure I grab the right one? Do I need to do anything other than extract it to the proper location? I'm using a non-standard port in Jetty, but I'm thinking it should pick that up in the Jetty config.

Quote:
  • Are you running version 1.2 of the mobile web interface? Versions 1.0 and 1.1 were set up to use the 'sage' context (http://<server>:<port>/sage). It was changed to 'sagem' in version 1.2 so that nielm's web interface could use 'sage'.
I'm 99% sure I was running 1.2 when I switched over to the Jetty version.

Quote:
You might want to try shutting down SageTV, deleting the SAGE_HOME/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp directory, then restarting SageTV. Sometimes Jetty doesn't clean up the app's working directory properly when the war file is updated.
I tried this with no change.

Quote:
Make sure the context file for the mobile web interface was overwritten the last time you updated it. That file is SAGE_HOME/jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml and is what specifies the 'sagem' context. Make sure it is 'sagem' and not 'sage':
Code:
<Set name="contextPath">/sagem</Set>
If it's still not working, check SageTV's log file for any errors. If you're not sure, post it here and I'll take a look at it.
I checked and it was set to "/sagem", so I fixed that, but am still having the issue.
EDIT: I noticed you didn't mean that it should be "sagem", rather that it needed to be changed from "/sage" to "/sagem", which is what I actually already had.

Once you let me know the correct file to download for the mobile web, I'll go do that, check that everything else "stuck" and report back.

Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by Skirge01; 12-08-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Got it working on the Mac

Thanks for the hints jreichen and slugger after a little trial and error I got it working!!

I had to put the JARS in /Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs

The JettyStarter.properties file goes in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Sage TV/Data

And the jetty engine/web app goes in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Sage TV/Data/jetty

Works like a champ!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by griley View Post
Thanks for the hints jreichen and slugger after a little trial and error I got it working!!

I had to put the JARS in /Applications/SageTV.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JARs

The JettyStarter.properties file goes in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Sage TV/Data

And the jetty engine/web app goes in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Sage TV/Data/jetty

Works like a champ!
I think the community would benefit greatly if you formalized your installation experience on OSX in a wiki doc. If you ask jreichen, he should be able to point you to his Jetty wiki where you should be able to add a page with full instructions on installing the Jetty plugin on Max OSX.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

Good idea. And any further discussion should take place on the Jetty Starter plugin thread. The main Jetty wiki page is a good place to start.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Sage User

Mac OSX installation instructions

Quote:
Good idea. And any further discussion should take place on the Jetty Starter plugin thread. The main Jetty wiki page is a good place to start.
I've added instructions to the wiki for Mac install. Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Sage User

I just downloaded this to get it working on my iPhone. I have everything setup, but cannot connect to my sagetv server.

I have a server, on my network, that I use as a developmental server (which works fine), but sagetv is not installed on it. Sagetv is installed on another pc within my network. I installed jetty and the mobile web interface on the sagetv pc and changed the port number to 8500. I have my router port forwarding 8500 to my sagetv pc. When I type in the address on the iphone all I get is "could not open page" displayed really fast. I do not get a 404 or 500 error. Just a blank page.

the address that I am using is http://myserver.com:8500/sagem/m/menu.jsp

Am I suppose to be able to view on my computer as well using the address? because that doesn't work either.

Tags
mobile, web