SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

I realized that moments later, I configured Jetty to use a different port and configured the port forwarding on my router, but Jetty is still not loading. I then tried to reinstall all the Jetty files, and I don't know what happened, but it never worked, and it also broke nielm's web server. Removing all Jetty files and reinstalling nielm's webserver still doesn't fix it. I don't know WTf happened.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 PM
SageTVaholic

From all the reading I've done, am I correct in my thinking that the Mobile Web Interface does not work over SSL? I have Jetty working fine with the normal Web Interface over SSL and wanted to try and add some security to the Mobile version.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Sage Icon

The Mobile Web Interface does work over SSL. Check out the wiki page for instructions on how to set it up.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay, based on that, my (mis)understanding is most likely due to my other misunderstanding regarding SJQ's setup. I think once I have that figured out, I'll be able to get this set up over SSL as well.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

I have noticed this before, but never really looked into it until today.

When I drill down to a show's details screen, there is an option for "Add favorite". I would think that it would add a favorite for the currently selected show, but it seems to be a "generic" add favorite screen. That is, I have to try to find the show that I'd like to record among the hundreds of shows listed in the pull-down box. (the shows are all listed in alphabetical order)

I tried this on my BB browser, mini opera, as well as firefox on my desktop, and they all function the same.

Am I missing the easy way to add a favorite for a show, or is this a bug?

thanks
Matt
Old 05-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

For some reason the API that's called to populate the drop down doesn't always return all titles. IIRC nielm's web server adds the title to the list if it's not returned by the API to work around the problem. I'll fix it in the next update of the mobile web server.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

great.

as always, thanks for the work on this.

Matt
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

War not fully extracting?

I don't know if this is a Jetty thing or a Mobile Web thing....

When I restart the computer I get a file not found when I try to access the page. If I look in the jetty/webapps/SageWebApp it seems incomplete. I see some of the directories and file but not all of them. Now if I delete the directory and touch sagewebapp.xml in the contexts directory, the war file seems to be deployed correcly and the page can be accessed.

Any thoughts on how to fix/debug this? I'd hate to have to do this manually every time I restart sage!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

I haven't seen anything like that happen after every restart. I've seen it sometimes after upgrading the mobile web interface. If your zip program extracts sagewebapp.xml from the downloaded zip before it extracts the war file, Jetty might try to deploy the app before the war file is ready and you could get an incomplete installation. Deleting the directory and touching the sagewebapp.xml file as you did fixes it.

Review the mobile web interface installation wiki page just to make sure you didn't miss a step. If you're still having trouble after that, there's a link on that page to another wiki page that describes how to turn up Jetty's logging. If you're on Windows you might also have to turn on Sage's debug logging so a sagetv_0.txt file is created in the Sage installation directory. There's a link on the wiki to a FAQ here on the forums describing how to do that.
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Any idea how far away this plugin is from streaming our shows? That would turn a very handy/helpful app into the nectar of the gods! (or is that nectar of the geeks?)
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

It's not coming soon I still research it when I have time but it's a lot more involved than printing out a list of airings Plus this isn't the only project I'm working on. I agree it would be cool though.

Have you seen this thread? There are a few ideas floating around there. Nothing that's integrated with this plugin, but might help you get something workable.

Thanks for the interest, it keeps me motivated.
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Thanks for the interest, it keeps me motivated.
Trust me. Streaming mobile would be VERY exciting and welcomed by many including myself. But I'm interested in your other project as well so keep up the good work!
Old 08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Literally just ran across this app and got installed and working easily and quickly, thanks so much! Love the web interface from Nielm but I find myself using my iPhone more and more and the PC less and less (shhhhh! don't tell Apple! )

Anyhow, thanks!!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow Mobile Web Interface version 1.2

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it! You found it a moment too soon. It's time for you to upgrade already

Version 1.2 is now available. The main feature is support for system messages. There are also some bug fixes for issues reported by users. The dependencies on nielm's webserver have also been removed (both can still be installed at the same time, but it's not required).

- Requires Jetty Starter plugin 1.6
- Changed context path to /sagem. This means the URL to access the server is now http://<server>:<port>/sagem/m/menu.jsp.
- System Messages (requires SageTV 6.5.17 or later)
- Multi-channel favorites
- Support for Jetty Starter plugin version 1.6 custom mime types
- Remove dependency on nielm's webserver
- Make sure show title is in combo box when adding a favorite
- Recordings were not scheduled for a new favorite with a selected channel
- Fixed 'Recording Now' image link on recording details page

Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just installed the update. Tried doing it with sage live, but got a 503 error when trying to view the mobile site. Shutdown sage, and everything works perfectly.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the info. It could have been a few things.
  1. Since the Jetty plugin needed to be upgraded, that requires the SageTV server to be restarted.
  2. The removal of the dependency on nielm's webserver. Although I wouldn't expect this to be the problem, Java does weird things with classes and classloaders that can sometimes only be cleaned up by restarting the process.
  3. If the context xml file was extracted before the war, Jetty may have picked up the changed xml file and tried to redeploy the war before it was ready. Usually that results in a 404 error, however. (The time window for this to happen is small, but it does happen.)
I'm thinking it was #1.

Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Welcome, I hope you enjoy it! You found it a moment too soon. It's time for you to upgrade already
Ha Well that just figures

Well I guess I'd better get to it then
Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think so, I had upgraded jetty to 1.6 a few days ago and had the server shut down when it was upgraded. It all works, even fixed a problem I was having with it previously.

Thanks.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 08-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage User

webapps not getting cleared out on restart

Quote:
I haven't seen anything like that happen after every restart. I've seen it sometimes after upgrading the mobile web interface. If your zip program extracts sagewebapp.xml from the downloaded zip before it extracts the war file, Jetty might try to deploy the app before the war file is ready and you could get an incomplete installation. Deleting the directory and touching the sagewebapp.xml file as you did fixes it.

Review the mobile web interface installation wiki page just to make sure you didn't miss a step. If you're still having trouble after that, there's a link on that page to another wiki page that describes how to turn up Jetty's logging. If you're on Windows you might also have to turn on Sage's debug logging so a sagetv_0.txt file is created in the Sage installation directory. There's a link on the wiki to a FAQ here on the forums describing how to do that.
First off, very cool add-on. But, I'm seeing the same issue as Jim described above. When I restart Sage, Jetty is not rebuilding the SageWebApp directory unless I manually remove the previous SageWebApp directory and touch the context file. But, this only happens if I actually access the Mobile Web site with a browser, if I perform a fresh restart without browsing the site, then I can see the SageWebApp directory disappear and then rebuilt upon Sage restart. If I browse to the mobile site however, the following file/directory structure is left behind after shutting down Sage.

Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps>tree /f /a
Folder PATH listing
Volume serial number is 000DF4A0 D6BB:F17E
C:.
|   SageWebApp.war
|
\---SageWebApp
    \---webapp
        +---images
        |       ConflictResolvedMobile.png
        |       DividerBgMobile.png
        |       GoRecordingsMobile.png
        |       GoScheduleMobile.png
        |       RecordFavAllMobile.png
        |       SageLogo256smallbluethird.png
        |
        \---m
            \---css
                    sage_mobile.css
I'm running SageTV 6.6.2, Jetty 1.6 and Mobile Web 1.2 on Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I see this behavior with both IE 7 and Firefox 3.0.8 from a Windows XP system. I enabled logging, but did not see anything new coming from Jetty. Let me know if you'd like to see the log files regardless though. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts, or if there is anything else you think we can try.

-mike

Last edited by mbowe; 08-03-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Corrected SageTV version
Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Sage Icon

I have on small problem (I can live with it, no worries, but I am curious...)

While all the pages come up fine, I have noticed that "Now Playing" never updates (for either LiveTV or for watching recordings / other video files in the media library).

I have stopped and restarted the TV service multiple times -- the server is running Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit.

Tags
mobile, web