SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
First off, very cool add-on. But, I'm seeing the same issue as Jim described above. When I restart Sage, Jetty is not rebuilding the SageWebApp directory unless I manually remove the previous SageWebApp directory and touch the context file. But, this only happens if I actually access the Mobile Web site with a browser, if I perform a fresh restart without browsing the site, then I can see the SageWebApp directory disappear and then rebuilt upon Sage restart. If I browse to the mobile site however, the following file/directory structure is left behind after shutting down Sage.

-mike
You might try manually deleting that directory while SageTV is running and see if you get an error about the files being locked. That was reported before and we tried several things but couldn't find a workaround. Jetty seems to lock some files on Windows. It seems weird that it would lock image and stylesheet files.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
I have on small problem (I can live with it, no worries, but I am curious...)

While all the pages come up fine, I have noticed that "Now Playing" never updates (for either LiveTV or for watching recordings / other video files in the media library).

I have stopped and restarted the TV service multiple times -- the server is running Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit.
Do you run the web server from a SageTV server and watch from a client? I don't think clients show up in that list, only placeshifters and extenders.

Edit: add quote text
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Do you run the web server from a SageTV server and watch from a client? I don't think clients show up in that list, only placeshifters and extenders.

Edit: add quote text
Yes I run the web server (it doesn't update that bit of info either) and I watch from the "server" (connected to my TV).
Old 08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 1.2 is now available.
- Changed context path to /sagem. This means the URL to access the server is now http://<server>:<port>/sagem/m/menu.jsp.
As a heads up, you might want to bring more attention to the URL change on the wiki's Upgrade Instructions. I was banging my head against the wall for a half hour trying to figure out why I kept getting a 404 error.

After the fact, I noticed that the first bullet in step 4 points out the change, but during my troubleshooting I had kept checking my URL against the URL referenced in the main text of step 4 (which is the old URL).

Once I hit the new URL, all was well. The new revision looks awesome! Thanks for your hard work!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry for the confusion, I thought I found all those references I updated the main wiki page as well as the upgrade page (the install page was correct).
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Yes I run the web server (it doesn't update that bit of info either) and I watch from the "server" (connected to my TV).
I should have been more explicit, let me try to clear it up: Do you run the web server from a SageTV server and watch video using the SageTV client application? I don't think clients show up in that list, only placeshifters and extenders.

That's the only reason I know of that would explain why it's not showing up in the list.

If you want a client to show up, you would have to install the web server in the client (SageClient.properties) on a different port than your current web server.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I thought I found all those references I updated the main wiki page as well as the upgrade page (the install page was correct).
No worries. Hopefully no one else will run into this issue. Thanks for making the wiki updates!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

I don't want to step on toes, but is there a reason that you aren't trying to integrate with the webserver that already exists?

For example, with a little javascript, you could detect for mobile phones or mobile browsers and load different styles or themes. That way, all you'd be doing is "skinning" the webserver site that already works.

I did this quickly to test if it would work for an iPhone...

Edited \webserver\webroot\sage\index.html and added:
Code:
<script lang="JavaScript">
<!--
if((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i))) {
   if (document.cookie.indexOf("iphone_redirect=false") == -1) window.location.replace("iphone.html");;
}
-->
</script>
then placed iUI (from http://code.google.com/p/iui) in \webserver\webroot\sage\
then copied menu.html and renamed to iphone.html and reformated the ordered list as such:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
         "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
 <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;"/>
 <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="./iui/iui-logo-touch-icon.png" />
 <meta name="apple-touch-fullscreen" content="YES" />
 <style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "./iui/iui.css";</style>
 <script type="application/x-javascript" src="./iui/iui.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript">
	iui.animOn = true;
 </script>
 <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
 <script type="text/javascript" src="sage.js"></script>
<title>SageTV iPhone Interface</title>
</head>
<body>
    <div class="toolbar">
        <h1 id="pageTitle"></h1>
        <a id="backButton" class="button" href="#"></a>
		<a class="button" href="#searchForm">Search</a>
    </div>
    <ul id="home" title="Home" selected="true">
        <li><a href="#SageTV">SageTV</a></li>
        <li><a href="#ScheduleRecordings">Schedule Recordings</a></li>
        <li><a href="#ProgramGuide">Program Guide</a></li>
        <li><a href="#MediaLibrary">Media Library</a></li>
    </ul>
    <ul id="SageTV" title="SageTV">
        <li><a href="Recordings">Sage Recordings</a></li>
        <li><a href="Search?searchType=TVFiles&sort1=title_asc&sort2=airdate_asc">Search Recorded TV files</a></li>
        <li><a href="webremote.html?context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI&contextname=Local%20SageTV">Web Remote (Local Sage)</a></li>
        <li><a href="about.html">About</a></li>
    </ul>

<ul id="ScheduleRecordings" title="Schedule Recordings">
        <li><a href="Recordings">Sage Recordings</a></li>
        <li><a href="Favorites">Favorites Manager</a></li>
        <li><a href="webremote.html?context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI&contextname=Local%20SageTV">Timed Recording</a></li>
        <li><a href="Conflicts">Recording Conflicts</a></li>
    </ul>

<ul id="ProgramGuide" title="Program Guide">
        <li><a href="EpgList">EPG List view</a></li>
        <li><a href="EpgGrid">EPG Grid view</a></li>
        <li><a href="Search">Search EPG</a></li>
        <li><a href="EpgGrid?starthr=18">Today PrimeTime</a></li>
		<li><a href="EpgGrid?starthr=18&startdate=1">Tomorrow PrimeTime</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?TimeRange=48&Categories=film&Categories=movie&Categories=Movie&SearchString=">Upcoming movies</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?TimeRange=48&favorite=set&SearchString=">Upcoming Favorites</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?SearchString=&searchType=Airings&TimeRange=-999&watched=set&sort1=airdate_desc&sort2=none">Watched Shows</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?SearchString=&searchType=Airings&TimeRange=-999&dontlike=set&sort1=title_asc&sort2=airdate_asc">Don't like Shows</a></li>
    </ul>

<ul id="MediaLibrary" title="Media Library">
        <li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&DVD=on&sort1=title_asc&sort2=none">Search DVDs</a></li>
        <li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Video=on&sort1=title_asc&sort2=none">Search Imported Videos</a></li>
        <li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Music=on&search_fields=episode&sort1=episode_asc&sort2=none">Search Music by track Title</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Music=on&search_fields=people&sort1=people_asc&sort2=episode_asc">Search Music by Artist</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Music=on&search_fields=title&sort1=title_asc&sort2=episode_asc">Search Music by Album</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Music=on&search_fields=category&sort1=title_asc&sort2=episode_asc">Search Music by Genre</a></li>
		<li><a href="Search?searchType=MediaFiles&Picture=on&sort1=title_asc&sort2=none">Search Picture Files</a></li>
		<li><a href="PlaylistGenerator?Command=list">Export Playlists</a></li>
    </ul>

<form id="searchForm" class="dialog" action="Search">
        <fieldset>
            <h1>Music Search</h1>
            <a class="button leftButton" type="cancel">Cancel</a>
            <a class="button blueButton" type="submit">Search</a>

<label>Artist:</label>
            <input id="artist" type="text" name="artist"/>
            <label>Song:</label>
            <input type="text" name="song"/>
        </fieldset>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
This then loads the iPhone menu when I visit from my iPod Touch or the normal interface when I visit from any other browser. Of course, none of the other pages are formatted, but couldn't that be done just as easily?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Kjake,
Go for it! My wife would love to have that on her iPhone & I'd probably use it on my iPod Touch too...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Sage Expert

Bleh, what about blackberry?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Bleh, what about blackberry?
I use a blackberry curve as my go-to phone and the mobile web interface described at the top of this thread is what I use - works great. What kjake was showing would look better on an iPhone/iPod Touch though.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

I actually use a Blackberry as my phone right now too but, honestly, the BB browser stinks. I have an older model and am only able to run OS4.5 - so that it part of the problem...but mobile safari is crazy better than any other mobile browser right now.

That said, coding a blackberry specific page is entirely possible using the same detection method for the iPhone that I pasted above.

Thing is though...I don't really use the website that much. If I do, it is usually just to delete partial recordings since it is faster to do from there than through the unsupported STV feature. So what I'm saying is: since I won't find a whole lot of use for it, my motivation is kinda low...I know, it's sad, but that's generally how my projects end up hehe.

I might give it a go, just as a challenge, but I'm probably going to have to start modding the java servlets...and I have zero experience there. If there were more of view/model separation of servlets doing the work and jsp's doing the i/o and formatting, then I'd have more hope. Who knows, maybe it could all be done with some sneaky CSS - which I'm also terrible at.

haha, this is just a sad reply....
Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

jreichen,

Thanks so much for the update; it works great. It is great to have access to the system messages on my BB. Thanks again.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 08-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Sage Icon

KJake,
Interesting stuff. I'm out of town for a few days but when I get back I'll look at it and respond to your question as to why I don't use the existing web server.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

i must be missing something very simple... but what's the default user name and pw and how do I change it? Sorry...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

ChaOConnor,

I am assuming you mean the username and password for Jetty. The default can be changed in the realm.properties file located in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\etc (or your appropriate path). Checkout item 6 in the installation instructions for Jetty in the wiki at: http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/JettyInstall.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Now that the mobile web interface works without neilm's webserver, i thought i'd give it a try. (I could never get neilm's server to load always gave a load of errors).
I now have the mobile interface working well from any computer at home behind the firewall but can not connect away from home or on my mobile. The WHS firewall was already allowing port 8080 through and i added port 8080 to my netgear router to pass through to the server. Is there anything else i need to do. I have placeshifter working and am able to log in to my homeserver away from home so i dont see why i cant see the mobile web interface.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Your router's remote admin function is probably on port 8080. Turn off the remote admin function or try Jetty on another port (e.g. 8081).
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Missing images/css?

So I just upgraded to the new version. At the same time I'm installing BMT (which also uses jetty).

I've got the upgraded version running, but something with css and images is messed up. When I go to the main page it shows me the links, but nothing else. When I try to browse to the css page directly it gives this error:
Code:
Error

Message: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.getContentType()Ljava/lang/String;

Page Generated Mon Aug 10 22:36:17 EDT 2009

SageTV Mobile Web Interface Version 1.2
I get a similar thing when I attempt to access images directly. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Did you upgrade to version 1.6 of the Jetty plugin?
, Java 1.6.

Tags
mobile, web