SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
babgvant,

Is there a way for you to output (maybe a txt file), files it doesn't find? I think this would be helpful to find on my own or try to make a backdrop on my own.

I guess, I could just keep writing when I come across them, but just though you could make it easy.
good idea
Old 12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

FYI my problem is fixed (Some background images not loaded)with the latest Sage MC Beta!

Thanks

Technazz
Old 12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'll just have it scan

Parent -> TV -> Movies for TV files and
Parent -> Movies -> TV for Video Library files

That should keep everyone happy enough.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

In your latest beta, you scan TV as follows:
• TV Programs:
[Recording Directory]\background.jpg
[Recording Directory]\[Show Title].jpg
[Recording Directory]\[Mediafilename]_background.jpg
[Central Media Background Folder]\[Show Title].jpg
[Central Media Background Folder]\TV\[Show Title].jpg

Can you add:
[Central Media Background Folder]\Movies\[Show Title].jpg

as 6th location? I have dumped large fanart collections into the Movies folder. Sometimes I record movies on TV that have fanart in the Movies folder but not the TV folder. I fixed this temporarily by moving all my Movies fanart to the Central Media Background Folder and they get picked up now for both TV and Videos, but that just doesn't feel right.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
- fixed 1kb image issue
- added Test option
- more logging

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry11528.aspx
This worked like a charm! One observation (actually a bit related to the above post), if you record a Movie on TV, these get missed by the tool, ie, it doesn't search the movies database for recorded tv movies.

Also, I'm thinking of setting this up to run on a regular basis, say nightly, just to make sure all fanart is downloaded, particularly for TV. I think I would need some command-line arguments to make that work.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
This worked like a charm! One observation (actually a bit related to the above post), if you record a Movie on TV, these get missed by the tool, ie, it doesn't search the movies database for recorded tv movies.

Also, I'm thinking of setting this up to run on a regular basis, say nightly, just to make sure all fanart is downloaded, particularly for TV. I think I would need some command-line arguments to make that work.

Thanks,
Marc
The tool only scans favorites, not actual recordings. It won't be hard to make it scan recordings, but I'll have to look at how difficult it would be to do what you're looking for.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Mike,

In your latest beta, you scan TV as follows:
• TV Programs:
[Recording Directory]\background.jpg
[Recording Directory]\[Show Title].jpg
[Recording Directory]\[Mediafilename]_background.jpg
[Central Media Background Folder]\[Show Title].jpg
[Central Media Background Folder]\TV\[Show Title].jpg

Can you add:
[Central Media Background Folder]\Movies\[Show Title].jpg

as 6th location? I have dumped large fanart collections into the Movies folder. Sometimes I record movies on TV that have fanart in the Movies folder but not the TV folder. I fixed this temporarily by moving all my Movies fanart to the Central Media Background Folder and they get picked up now for both TV and Videos, but that just doesn't feel right.

Thanks,
Marc
see this post.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The tool only scans favorites, not actual recordings. It won't be hard to make it scan recordings, but I'll have to look at how difficult it would be to do what you're looking for.
I see. Well if it can be done, it would be nice!

Also, I wonder if you can speed it up by checking if fanart already exists before searching for it. That way if you run it regularly, it'll only search for new additions.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I see. Well if it can be done, it would be nice!

Also, I wonder if you can speed it up by checking if fanart already exists before searching for it. That way if you run it regularly, it'll only search for new additions.
It's always worked like that
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
babgvant,
Yet again, another outstanding utility for enabling laziness! Fanart just got a whole lot simpler for all of us, thanks!
I'm discovering that the majority of our favorites have no fans...or at least no artistic ones as there is no fanart available for them. Oh well...at least SouthPark has some cool looking fanart.
Thanks again!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Everyone, and Happy New Year!

I am not able to get this working for some reason...

I have FanArt enabled in SageMC options, and have the Path selected as:
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\FanArt

In which, I have the following subdirectories:
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\FanArt\Movies
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\FanArt\Music
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\FanArt\TV

I have recordings in:
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\VIDEOS\SageTV
\\HTPC\E\MEDIA_E\VIDEOS\SageTV
\\HTPC\F\MEDIA_F\VIDEOS\SageTV
\\HTPC\G\MEDIA_G\VIDEOS\SageTV
\\HTPC\H\MEDIA_H\VIDEOS\SageTV

I have a piece of FanArt in:
\\HTPC\D\MEDIA_D\FanArt\TV\GreysAnatomy.jpg

And a recording in:
\\HTPC\G\MEDIA_G\VIDEOS\SageTV\GreysAnatomy-LifeDuringWartime-5579960-0.mpg

Yet, I do not see the FanArt when I pull up the info screen for Grey's Anatomy. Is this because the episode contains the episode name and episode ID number? Does it have to be GreysAnatomy.mpg for it to work?

If so, how is this possible, can SageTV store recordings by show/season/episode?

Any ideas? I restarted the Sage client (using Sage as a service on the one machine, and client on that same machine), but it is still not working.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

Mine only works if I put a background.jpg in the VIDEOS\SageTV directory, but obviously, I cannot use it that way, or every show in that directory would show up with the same background.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage Expert

So I grabbed the latest beta from sagemc and went looking for the fanart

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/...7e644455_o.jpg
Problem is I don't see the media based backgrounds, I only see the background image.

I know I am missing something but I copied over the sagemc latest alpha build but when I look in the sagemc->mainmenu->settings it is showing up as 6.3.8.

I have restarted sagemc a couple of times with no luck.

Edit-loaded the latest sagemc beta and followed the instructions, fanart now works

Last edited by AJ Bertelson; 01-01-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Mine only works if I put a background.jpg in the VIDEOS\SageTV directory, but obviously, I cannot use it that way, or every show in that directory would show up with the same background.
Hi Jason,

The fanart file name should be the Show Title with any invalid characters stripped out. So it would probably be: Grey's Anatomy.jpg

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson View Post
So I grabbed the latest beta from sagemc and went looking for the fanart

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/...7e644455_o.jpg
Problem is I don't see the media based backgrounds, I only see the background image.

I know I am missing something but I copied over the sagemc latest alpha build but when I look in the sagemc->mainmenu->settings it is showing up as 6.3.8.

I have restarted sagemc a couple of times with no luck.
Under Settings in SageMC, select Load STV and choose the new STV file you downloaded. Note that it will still be listed as 6.3.8a in the Settings menu because we don't change that until the official release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-02-2009, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hmmm, I currently use both methods to view fanart. Movies, Music and TV shows work fine using the central location but if I aquire a tv show from other sources it usually comes in the format of chuck.s02e06.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu which I just dump in the respective tv show folder. So for fanart to work in this case I have to place background.jpeg in the tv show folder and not the central location.
You might look at bringing your 'acquired elsewhere' episodes into the Sage Recordings database. This will treat them as tv shows instead of imported media. I believe this can be done in the WebClient.

Of course, this would be even better if Sage started allowing sorting/grouping by season for tv shows as well, but it would require that information to be available to sage, which it currently is not.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Jason,

The fanart file name should be the Show Title with any invalid characters stripped out. So it would probably be: Grey's Anatomy.jpg

Aloha,
Mike
Ah, was not aware that it was the Show Title, and not the Show Filename! That makes since, and it works now. Thank you, Mike.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Thanks for the tool! This would be good for covers as well I would like to have consistent covers and art which I don't have now.

Technazz

Could you please post how to work this tool?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
- fixed 1kb image issue
- added Test option
- more logging

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry11528.aspx
Err... I just tried this out, and for the most part I'm pretty excited about the way it worked. I'm having one pretty significant problem though. I ran it with "download thumbnails" unchecked since I've already got all the thumbnails the way I want them for my DVDs from DVD Profiler. But it looks like it's replaced tons of my thumbnails with random thumbnails from the db. And most of the changes are not ones I'm happy with.

Furthermore, I have no clue where these things are even stored, or how to change them back. The folder.jpg's from DVD Profiler are still in the VIDEO_TS folders, and the images in the FanArt directory are the background images, not the cover thumbnails. So I'm trying to figure out why they were replaced in the first place, where the new images are located, and how to go about replacing them with the original ones I had.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Err... I just tried this out, and for the most part I'm pretty excited about the way it worked. I'm having one pretty significant problem though. I ran it with "download thumbnails" unchecked since I've already got all the thumbnails the way I want them for my DVDs from DVD Profiler. But it looks like it's replaced tons of my thumbnails with random thumbnails from the db. And most of the changes are not ones I'm happy with.

Furthermore, I have no clue where these things are even stored, or how to change them back. The folder.jpg's from DVD Profiler are still in the VIDEO_TS folders, and the images in the FanArt directory are the background images, not the cover thumbnails. So I'm trying to figure out why they were replaced in the first place, where the new images are located, and how to go about replacing them with the original ones I had.
thumbnails get written to the same folder as the video (i.e. not inside the video_ts).

e.g.
for \\server\movies\some movie\video_ts
the thumbnail is \\server\movies\some movie.jpg
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Superb tool, worked really well and found virtually all of my movies

Thankyou