SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I use the BMT pluggin, it does everything (metadata, thumbnails, fanart) automatically.
Timely post - I've been playing around with it this morning. For some reason the metadata is more complete in the .properties file than mediaScraper, even with the same source. I haven't tried the plug-in yet.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Movie Duration?

I'm using preconfiguration screen #9.
When I select a DVD folder (A Few Good Men) I get:
Duration: Unknown (DVD)

But when I look at the my file I see this: TVDuration = 138 minutes
Is there any way to get this to display for the movie duration?

Also, is there anyway to add the released info?

A Few Good Men.my file:
Title=A Few Good Men (1992)
overview=Neo military lawyer Kaffee defends Marines accused of murder; they contend they were acting under orders.
actors=Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Pollak, James Marshall, J.T. Walsh, Christopher Guest, J.A. Preston, Matt Craven, Wolfgang Bodison, Xander Berkeley, John M. Jackson, Noah Wyle, (Director)Rob Reiner, (Writer)Aaron Sorkin,
TVRated=Rated R for language.
TVDuration=138 min
released=11 December 1992 (USA)

Last edited by chrishallowell; 03-02-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I completely reinstalled my server and sage setup, and cover art and this import dont seem to be working for me, at least not the way it used to.

New server is based on Windows 7, latest Sage (6.5.9), Sage MC 6.3.8a, Sage MC b12, nBlue theme, and this import. Thats all I have added into the system.

Now I am going on a limb here and assuming that I imported this into the b12 STV and not the default MC as I am at work and cant verify it, but im pretty sure I did it right.

When I go into the movies listing (Genre list) I get a screen like the first attachment. This fanart image will change depending on which specific movie is viewed last (it retains that fanart image as a background). And if I go into a specific movie, I get a screen like the second attachment.

Any ideas? Some sort of JAR file out of whack? Oh I'm running either patch 11 or 12 of Java (the lastest at time of install a week and half ago). Did I miss something else obvious? I did select the AMIS screen option.

*edit* nevermind about the second part, didnt realize so much had changed since i previously used this import. found the menu options and got it like i want. Still not sure why the last fanart background displayed (from last movie) becomes the default background in the main video library though??
I have the exact same problem as the second image, how did you fix it?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
I'm using preconfiguration screen #9.
When I select a DVD folder (A Few Good Men) I get:
Duration: Unknown (DVD)

But when I look at the my file I see this: TVDuration = 138 minutes
Is there any way to get this to display for the movie duration?

Also, is there anyway to add the released info?

A Few Good Men.my file:
Title=A Few Good Men (1992)
overview=Neo military lawyer Kaffee defends Marines accused of murder; they contend they were acting under orders.
actors=Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Pollak, James Marshall, J.T. Walsh, Christopher Guest, J.A. Preston, Matt Craven, Wolfgang Bodison, Xander Berkeley, John M. Jackson, Noah Wyle, (Director)Rob Reiner, (Writer)Aaron Sorkin,
TVRated=Rated R for language.
TVDuration=138 min
released=11 December 1992 (USA)
Good call, I didn't notice that .my file supported those extra items even though they where right in front of me. I'll get those added to the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Are you talking about "Still not sure why the last fanart background displayed (from last movie) becomes the default background in the main video library though??"

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue and just requires a restart of that client to fix it.

Last edited by jaminben; 03-02-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I havent. I have restarted my HD200 extender many times, and it still happens.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I havent. I have restarted my HD200 extender many times, and it still happens.
Have you tried disabling my import and using the default Sagemc Info Screen? Does it still do it? I think you'll find its a SageMC problem and is related to the disabling of context sensative fanart, but I can't be sure.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Have you tried disabling my import and using the default Sagemc Info Screen? Does it still do it? I think you'll find its a SageMC problem and is related to the disabling of context sensative fanart, but I can't be sure.
Not yet. I was gone all weekend and have been trying to solve a larger Sage issue, my HD Homerun not working at all on my new Win7 server. When I get time I'll do some testing and analyze the log files. If I see something I'll pass it on to either you or Mike.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not yet. I was gone all weekend and have been trying to solve a larger Sage issue, my HD Homerun not working at all on my new Win7 server. When I get time I'll do some testing and analyze the log files. If I see something I'll pass it on to either you or Mike.
Cool, I have just tried again myself without my import and it simply works again after a client restart (PC not HD200).

Thx.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Good call, I didn't notice that .my file supported those extra items even though they where right in front of me. I'll get those added to the next release.
Hmm, I've added the extra info into the import and it all works fine, that is except for DVD movies. So I think you'll be out of luck using .my files for DVD's (doesn't work in the default SageMC view either).
Old 03-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I installed the latest version and it looks great. However, the feature I wanted the most (play in external player) still isn't working for me.

If I launch the .cmd file by clicking on it I can fire off ZoomPlayer or WMP with out any problem. However, clicking play in Sage just flashes the UI and returns me to the home screen again.

I've read through this thread and from others' experiences this has happened before but they had their .cmd file in the wrong spot. I'm simply editing the .cmd file that was already created in the SageMC folder.

What else can I try? Are there any known bugs with playing in an external player? Anyone have any tips on what else could be causing this?

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5 View Post
Anyone have any tips on what else could be causing this?
I don't know if this is even working as I never tried it but the code is hopefully all present and correct. It would be handy if someone else who has tried could post their results. Sorry I can't be more help
Old 03-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hmm, I've added the extra info into the import and it all works fine, that is except for DVD movies. So I think you'll be out of luck using .my files for DVD's (doesn't work in the default SageMC view either).
Ok, well, thanks for trying.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So, the correct path is to use .properties files?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
So, the correct path is to use .properties files?
Not sure, I don't use .properties files for my movie info. I usually use DVD profiler or IMDB data.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Not sure, I don't use .properties files for my movie info. I usually use DVD profiler or IMDB data.
I see - you are using whatever metadata Sage has imported into wiz.bin. I thought maybe you were parsing the sidecar metadata files (i.e., .properties or .my) and displaying that data. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I use the BMT pluggin, it does everything (metadata, thumbnails, fanart) automatically.
BMT plugin?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
BMT plugin?
Batch Metadata Tool (stuckless' Batch Metadata Importer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Many thanks to babgvant for adding a new feature and fixing a bug.

babgvant got tired of me not showing interest in providing a central/alternate location for downloaded backdrops, so he went ahead and added it himself

You can set the central/alternate location for backdrops using the following property
Code:
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation
This property accepts a standard File location. The default behaviour, if this property is not set, is to simply write the back drop in the same directory as the video file (as it did previously)

He also provided a regex for the characters that get removed in the title. If you find that it's not sufficient you can change it using the following property.
Code:
/sageMetadata/safeTitleReplaceRegex=:|/|\\|\*|\?|<|>|\|
He also went ahead a fixed a bug that he reported related to how the plugin handled video_ts folders.

So you can thank babgvant for this release
Can also run as a plugin.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Batch Metadata Tool (stuckless' Batch Metadata Importer)

Can also run as a plugin.

Gerry
The plugin is what makes BMT unique*, when Sage adds media to your library it calls the pluggin as part of the import process so metadata gets resolved immediately, instead of having to schedule an async external process and hope that the properties file gets written before Sage finds it.

As long as you put a little effort into naming the files, i.e. change whatever the disc name defaults to into something useful** (e.g. SAK_CLN -> Attack of the Clones), it works perfectly.

* even w/o the plugin it's still a cool app
** I was doing this even before discovering BMT, makes cleanup much easier (never going to remember what E1781 was)
Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Ah - I had forgotten about that add-on even though I used it when it first came out.

You know, there's so much going on between SageTV updates, user-developed tools and plugins and keeping up with other news that I can barely keep up with it all. I just love that about SageTV.

When you first said BMT I was thinking of a BLT sandwich - I guess I must be hungry
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
As long as you put a little effort into naming the files, i.e. change whatever the disc name defaults to into something useful** (e.g. SAK_CLN -> Attack of the Clones), it works perfectly.
I have had it fail on a couple of my movies so far. It thought "American Pie" was "American Pie presents Band Camp", and it thought "Friday" was "Friday the 13th". Interestingly, the imdb link in American Pie.properties was correct, but everything else (metadata, poster, background) was wrong. I didn't check for Friday.

I'm not complaining - it's running at 96%+ accuracy. Just pointing out that you can't assume that every title will be correct.

EDIT: As an aside, I renamed the directories "American Pie" and "Friday", respectively.

Last edited by onlydarksets; 03-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.