SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Using latest beta and bmi it is not showing the fanart in your app. It shows it in the videos section and if I go into your options I can see the fanart in the selections but it refuses to show it?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Using latest beta and bmi it is not showing the fanart in your app. It shows it in the videos section and if I go into your options I can see the fanart in the selections but it refuses to show it?
Strange, did you follow the rule:

This import will not import on top of a previous install of Advanced Movie Info Screen - so start with a version of SageMC that doesn't have the Movie Info Screen already imported.

Nothing has changed with the way it gets the fanart since the previous release yesterday (that I know of). I'll have a play with it later and see if I can replicate the issue.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay got it working on my other rig.

One thing I noticed and this may be a bug in sagmc 9 but fanart no longer fills my full screen in 16x9 mode.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay got it working on my other rig.

One thing I noticed and this may be a bug in sagmc 9 but fanart no longer fills my full screen in 16x9 mode.
I thought that was just me...
Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope the wierd part is the tvinfo app fills the screen with fanart but the recordedtv section acts like the video section
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Sage Icon

I'm confused, does the fanart not fill the screen in my imports? Or does it not fill the screen in my imports & SageMC screens? How big is the gap? Can you provide a screenshot? Sounds to me like an overscan issue.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Ben,

Not a overscan issue with my tv at least. The gap is consent in the sagemc interface and your app.

But your tvinfo app the fanart fills the screen as is did on all previous revisions so that tells me it is something in the sagemc interface and your amig app.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ben,

Not a overscan issue with my tv at least. The gap is consent in the sagemc interface and your app.

But your tvinfo app the fanart fills the screen as is did on all previous revisions so that tells me it is something in the sagemc interface and your amig app.
Unless the TVIS import is flawed and SageMC/AMIS is correct

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this as well? It appears to work fine on my three different TV's running my imports & SageMC.

I'll look into the issue and see what I can do for my imports. If you have an issue with SageMC then I would post a bug report in a SageMC specific thread.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2009, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I know Andy said above he saw it as well. I have started a bug thread in the sagemc threads hopefully it will get reconized.

Your tvinfor app looks that best as the fanart looks terrible with the box around it.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I know Andy said above he saw it as well. I have started a bug thread in the sagemc threads hopefully it will get reconized.

Your tvinfor app looks that best as the fanart looks terrible with the box around it.
I have to admit that both the AMIS & TVIS imports use exactly the same properties as I copied one to the other when I made them. So I'm a little stumped as to why this isn't working correctly. I'll have a think about it and keep an eye on the other thread you started and see if Mike has anything to say about it.

I don't suppose your using a cheap TV are you?

Only joking
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for calling me cheap

I think the error is in the sagemc itself since they don't fill the screen in video sections or tv sections. The sage still fills the screen not the fanart

ps.
hooked up to a 42" plasma and a 50" plasma with hd200's not the ritz but not cheap. I see the problem on both tvs.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'm confused, does the fanart not fill the screen in my imports? Or does it not fill the screen in my imports & SageMC screens? How big is the gap? Can you provide a screenshot? Sounds to me like an overscan issue.
It's definitely a SageMC issue, it's present in the Video Browser.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for calling me cheap
I'm not calling you cheap, just your TV's

Quote:
The sage still fills the screen not the fanart
It will always fill the screen even if the overscan is set incorrectly as far as I know.

One small test you can try is to load up the beta of AMIS and select preset one. Now look where the media/stars panel is located, the properties is set to 0.0 x 1.0 (exactly bottom left corner). Now goto the options and select the media icons position/scale option. If you see any over hang or the yellow outline isn't on the screen correctly then you have your overscan settings set wrong. See example screenshot. Even if this is the case its still puzzling as it should also affect the TV Info Screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Example.jpg (107.3 KB, 148 views)
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One small test you can try is to load up the beta of AMIS and select preset one. Now look where the media/stars panel is located, the properties is set to 0.0 x 1.0 (exactly bottom left corner). Now goto the options and select the media icons position/scale option. If you see any over hang or the yellow outline isn't on the screen correctly then you have your overscan settings set wrong. See example screenshot. Even if this is the case its still puzzling as it should also affect the TV Info Screen.
Is that what the yellow dots on my screen are?!?! Wow, I think mine are about 2 pixels high, 10 wide! I'll have to make them bigger so I can see the icons!

As for backgrounds not covering the screen, I am not seeing this on my HD200, with either of the beta TV or Movie screens of yours.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Is that what the yellow dots on my screen are?!?! Wow, I think mine are about 2 pixels high, 10 wide! I'll have to make them bigger so I can see the icons!
Yeah, I should've mentioned that you need to use the presets to reset the settings from a previous install and the existing properties.

My Bad
Old 04-03-2009, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah I am thinking sagemc as if I revert back to beta 8 the old fanart system it fills my screen fine.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Will try this test tonight. I believe I don't have any overscan or underscan.

It is funny though I can be in reocorded tv and see the fanart no taking up the whole screen (and looks kind of blury) the second I select the show and it opens your tv info it is like the picture stretches to fill the screen and looks right. My wife actually noticed this before I did.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah I am thinking sagemc as if I revert back to beta 8 the old fanart system it fills my screen fine.
Hmmm, I doubt it. My imports and SageMC only have one thing in common with backgrounds and thats the Pheonix api's. Everything else is seperate, so unless myself and Mike made the same mistake I'm still putting my money on an overscan issue. But I'm no programmer only a hobbyist so I could be wrong and to be honest I usually am

Try the test I mentioned above when you get a chance and let me know what happened.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I am no expert by any means either I just can't understand why the fanart would fill the screen in earlier sagemc but not 9. That is what makes me think it is not on my end

But like you I am wrong many times
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am no expert by any means either I just can't understand why the fanart would fill the screen in earlier sagemc but not 9. That is what makes me think it is not on my end

But like you I am wrong many times
One other thing you can try, using the advanced menu. Do you see any gaps at the top and sides after you've selected preset one?