SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

I should have noted I am also using the latest MC.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Is that what the yellow dots on my screen are?!?! Wow, I think mine are about 2 pixels high, 10 wide! I'll have to make them bigger so I can see the icons!
Rather than move them manually, try using the preset values.

Quote:
I should have noted I am also using the latest MC.
You all should be using the latest SageMC as is specified on the download page (not beta page as I assumed you would be anyway).
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Rather than move them manually, try using the preset values.
Thats the weird part, I am using preset 1. And before I was using preset 1 also. When I installed MC 9, I then installed the fanart import, then your 2 beta imports. Started with the new mc9 XML, and imported them in that order also. I would have thought that process would have given me the same display as the image you posted a few posts up?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
One other thing you can try, using the advanced menu. Do you see any gaps at the top and sides after you've selected preset one?
No no gaps I know that as I scrolled threw the presets last night hoping it would fix it. The headings are always right at the top or right at the bottom.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thats the weird part, I am using preset 1. And before I was using preset 1 also. When I installed MC 9, I then installed the fanart import, then your 2 beta imports. Started with the new mc9 XML, and imported them in that order also. I would have thought that process would have given me the same display as the image you posted a few posts up?
Yea, its not weird really. Its because I reused the the old HD Image panel which already had values assigned to it in your .properties file. When you import again you may notice that it remembers your old settings, it gets these settings from your .properties file. So basically because you have these settings already defined it used the old HD panel settings for the newish panel. When you use the presets it then overwrites these values with the new ones that got changed in the latest beta. Well something like that anyway You may have also noticed that the watched icon settings have been removed as this is now incorporated into the new media icon panel.

By the way, if anyone wants to make some more images for the media icon types (.mkv, DD 5.1 etc) that look better than the ones I've used then feel free and I'd be more than happy to include them in my imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No no gaps I know that as I scrolled threw the presets last night hoping it would fix it. The headings are always right at the top or right at the bottom.
Ok, I'm stumped. I will however change a few things and if you send me your email I'll send you over another file later tonight/tomorrow to see if it fixes your problems. I'll also send Andy the same file as he has the same issues, its upto you if you want to try it.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-03-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

pm sent thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is fanart cycling supposed to work with AMIS and the TVIS? Because neither is working for me. But when I revert to straight SageMC screens the cycling works.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Is fanart cycling supposed to work with AMIS and the TVIS? Because neither is working for me. But when I revert to straight SageMC screens the cycling works.
You are correct, it doesn't work. I never put it in as I'm not a big fan of cycling the images, I prefer static ones that I can set. Maybe I'll add this as an option once I get some time to figure out how MeInMaui made it.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks.. at least that clears up the mystery.. I kind of like the cylcing particularly since there are so many nice images that BMT downloads. Another idea would be an option to make it random (but static for a given view).
Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a secret to getting the fanart to show up in TV/Movies. I have been working on this for a couple hours and I'm just stumped at this point. It is downloading the available fanart, and posters for my media. However nothing shows up for background!

I notice that its not using any paticular naming on the artwork... am I missing a setting somewhere to tell it how to name the files?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30 View Post
Is there a secret to getting the fanart to show up in TV/Movies. I have been working on this for a couple hours and I'm just stumped at this point. It is downloading the available fanart, and posters for my media. However nothing shows up for background!

I notice that its not using any paticular naming on the artwork... am I missing a setting somewhere to tell it how to name the files?
Have you enabled fanart and specified where its located? Are you using the latest SageMC? Did you install it over a previous version? Does it work in the default SageMC screens?

Last edited by jaminben; 04-04-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had no problems with fanart on my extenders. But for some reason I can't get them to appear on my one SageTV client running on a pc. I've followed all the same procedures. The fanart is located on my server in C:\fanart so that the client can access it and I have my client pointing to[server]\c\fanart but for some reason the fanart is not appearing.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I like the new interface to choose fanart images. But it doesn't seem to work. I click a background image and it doesn't change the fanart. I realize its beta so perhaps its just not finished yet?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, changing fanart doesn't work correctly. If you change about 10 images then restart your extender it should take effect.

For fanart not working on your PC try, \\computername\fanart (make sure its a shared folder). Mine looks like \\SAGEWHS\Fanart.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Is this (attachment) possible to do yet? or just a development version? I downloaded the beta of AMIS and can't figure out how to make it display seasons like this, so maybe I need to have my folders in a specific structure, or files named a different way?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Normal Poster.jpg (536.7 KB, 244 views)
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

QQ, i can't seem to get the dvd, dolby digital and watched icons with the latest beta of AIMS when viewing DVD's. I can see the icons when viewing the few mkv files i have though. Also I have used stuckless's BMT to re-import all my movies and get backgrounds and posters and metadata, but i can't seem to get the star ratings to show up either. Am i mising something obvious?

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
Is this (attachment) possible to do yet? or just a development version? I downloaded the beta of AMIS and can't figure out how to make it display seasons like this, so maybe I need to have my folders in a specific structure, or files named a different way?
Oooh, you sneaky git You've just found the screenshots for my latest import which is totally unrelated to AMIS/TVIS. As you've already seen them I may as well tell you that hopefully it will make its beta appearance this weekend and is a relacement screen for grouped TV recordings. Its called GRS, gotta love these acronymes, see more from the attached screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
QQ, i can't seem to get the dvd, dolby digital and watched icons with the latest beta of AIMS when viewing DVD's. I can see the icons when viewing the few mkv files i have though. Also I have used stuckless's BMT to re-import all my movies and get backgrounds and posters and metadata, but i can't seem to get the star ratings to show up either. Am i mising something obvious?
DVD's don't give that info out, so all you will get is the stupid little DVD logo which I dont like but can't be bothered to change/remake. Sorry, DVD's are just too old hat for all these new things.

Do the Star ratings work with other file formats? It could be an issue with the scraper using different data from different sites (IMDB/TMDB) and displaying the wrong type of user rating. I thought I took this into account to allow for 7.8 or 7. I'll do some more testing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SampleOne.jpg (143.1 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg SampleTwo.jpg (164.0 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg SampleThree.jpg (177.7 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 04-10-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

This is awesome news. I always held off from ripping my TV DVDs b/c there's not a great way to keep them sorted. I have started doing so now since the BMT addin has helped keep them categorized, but Sage is missing a good way to display them in a meaningful way - you have answered that call!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
This is awesome news. I always held off from ripping my TV DVDs b/c there's not a great way to keep them sorted. I have started doing so now since the BMT addin has helped keep them categorized, but Sage is missing a good way to display them in a meaningful way - you have answered that call!
I don't know if this will work for you then as its going to run along side the TV recordings when in grouped view. If you import your TV shows into the SageDB so they appear as recordings then it will work how you want.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow! You did it again.

Will we be able to navigate by season? I guess what I'm asking is, I see that what you have is lost season 5. So, for season 4, is it there in that screen as well or can I go to a different folder or subview and see season 4 episodes? IE, all of the recordings are separated by season.

I also believe that EP's mediashrink will pull out and encode individual episodes for TV boxed set dvd's. So after running this and scraping via EP's Mediascraper, we should have individual recordings for these sets in the recorded TV screen.

So by using the above tools along with your new import this will hopefully fix one of my biggest gripes with the DVD handling, TV boxed sets.

Thanks again for all of the hard work.

Last edited by Peter_h; 04-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.