SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Wow! You did it again.

Will we be able to navigate by season? I guess what I'm asking is, I see that what you have is lost season 5. So, for season 4, is it there in that screen as well or can I go to a different folder or subview and see season 4 episodes? IE, all of the recordings are separated by season.

I also believe that EP's mediashrink will pull out and encode episodes for TV boxed set dvd's. Will BMT do this as well?

This along with one of the above tools will hopefully fix one of my biggest gripes with the DVD handling, TV boxed sets.

Thanks again for all of the hard work.
Sadly you cannot sort by season. The basic menu is there for a future update. EP's mediascraper is being incorporated into the BMT tool as an extra provider but I don't know about mediashrink as I've not used it. I use EP's mediascraper to import all my TV shows into the recording database so I see no reason why it wouldn't work dvd's as well but I can't be sure.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Sadly you cannot sort by season. The basic menu is there for a future update.
By future update, do you mean it is a feature you will implement later or does something need to be changed in Sage or SageMC for it to happen?

Is there any way that it could sort based on directory structure? IE, all of lost season 4 recordings are in //server/tv/lost/season4 and season 5 recordings are in //server/tv/lost/season5.

Would you be able to sort the season by looking at the file location?

Quote:
EP's mediascraper is being incorporated into the BMT tool as an extra provider but I don't know about mediashrink as I've not used it. I use EP's mediascraper to import all my TV shows into the recording database so I see no reason why it wouldn't work dvd's as well but I can't be sure.

So, I'm kind of confused now. I was using EP's mediascraper tool as I remember reading that it had better support for TV shows. I read in the same thread that BMT was better at handling DVD's. So, if EP's tool is being incorporated, is BMT now the only tool that is needed? That would make it a lot easier

Does it also import back into the Sage Recordings via the Web Interface like EP's tool?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
By future update, do you mean it is a feature you will implement later or does something need to be changed in Sage or SageMC for it to happen?

Is there any way that it could sort based on directory structure? IE, all of lost season 4 recordings are in //server/tv/lost/season4 and season 5 recordings are in //server/tv/lost/season5.

Would you be able to sort the season by looking at the file location?
I'm not sure how to do it but as we have this information available as a property (GetMediaFileMetadata(Program, "EpisodeNumber"))then I would think its possible. I'm hoping for this to be possible and will try myself to make it work but its unlikely to be for a while yet.

Quote:
So, I'm kind of confused now. I was using EP's mediascraper tool as I remember reading that it had better support for TV shows. I read in the same thread that BMT was better at handling DVD's. So, if EP's tool is being incorporated, is BMT now the only tool that is needed? That would make it a lot easier

Does it also import back into the Sage Recordings via the Web Interface like EP's tool?
Sorry, I used the wrong word when I said incorporated. Its not being incorporated as such but being made so that BMT can use it as a provider. I do exactly what you do, use Ep's tool for TV and BMT for movies. So having Ep's scraper as a provider for BMT makes the whole thing more compatible.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's how I handle TV Show DVD's

1) Drag And Drop encode the individual episodes using MediaShrink
2) Rename all of the episodes so they have enough info for mediaShrink to recognize them...
Code:
WEST_WING_D1.title5.autoEncode.mkv -> West Wing 1x01.mkv
WEST_WING_D1.title6.autoEncode.mkv -> West Wing 1x02.mkv
etc...
3) Scrape them with MediaScraper using /addToSageDB option.

Optionally, I also use /organizeFile and /organizeBaseFolder "G:\importedVideos" which will move all of the videos in the format...
Code:
G:\ImportedVideos\TV\West Wing\Season 1\West Wing 1x01 - POTUS.mkv
Before it adds it to the SageTVDB.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 04-10-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not sure how to do it but as we have this information available as a property (GetMediaFileMetadata(Program, "EpisodeNumber"))then I would think its possible. I'm hoping for this to be possible and will try myself to make it work but its unlikely to be for a while yet.
Thanks for the clarification. With all that you have done, I'm pretty sure you will get it all figured out.

I wish I could help. I really hate being "that guy" that just asks for features but doesn't contribute. I need to just dive into studio and see what I can break, I mean come up with.

Quote:
Sorry, I used the wrong word when I said incorporated. Its not being incorporated as such but being made so that BMT can use it as a provider. I do exactly what you do, use Ep's tool for TV and BMT for movies. So having Ep's scraper as a provider for BMT makes the whole thing more compatible.
I see, so for Scraping BMT using EP's scraper as a provider is pretty close to an all in one utility. You still need to have both but BMT is setup as a STVI import for Sage and SageMC.

However, I don't think it can import files into the Sage Recordings via the Web inteface so for shows that are not recorded via Sage you still need to use EP's tool to get them into Sage.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Here's how I handle TV Show DVD's

1) Drag And Drop encode the individual episodes using MediaShrink
2) Rename all of the episodes so they have enough info for mediaShrink to recognize them...
Code:
WEST_WING_D1.title5.autoEncode.mkv -> West Wing 1x01.mkv
WEST_WING_D1.title6.autoEncode.mkv -> West Wing 1x02.mkv
etc...
3) Scrape them with MediaScraper using /addToSageDB option.

Optionally, I also use /organizeFile and /organizeBaseFolder "G:\importedVideos" which will move all of the videos in the format...
Code:
G:\ImportedVideos\TV\West Wing\Season 1\West Wing 1x01 - POTUS.mkv
Before it adds it to the SageTVDB.
Thanks EP. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Looks like I have some work to do this weekend.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I wish I could help. I really hate being "that guy" that just asks for features but doesn't contribute. I need to just dive into studio and see what I can break, I mean come up with.
Don't worry, I'm that guy as well as I'm sure the other devs can tell you
Old 04-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't know if this will work for you then as its going to run along side the TV recordings when in grouped view. If you import your TV shows into the SageDB so they appear as recordings then it will work how you want.
Oh, well that's fine too - EP's tools can do the importing for me
Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
Oh, well that's fine too - EP's tools can do the importing for me
I think I've confused myself and you at the same time. If you use EP's tool to import your TV shows into the Sage DB and they appear in the recording list and more than one episode is available then you will be able to use my screen. It won't be able to sort by season just the same as Sage or SageMC cannot, therefore all recordings of a particular show appear as one long list.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think I've confused myself and you at the same time. If you use EP's tool to import your TV shows into the Sage DB and they appear in the recording list and more than one episode is available then you will be able to use my screen. It won't be able to sort by season just the same as Sage or SageMC cannot, therefore all recordings of a particular show appear as one long list.

Hopefully that makes sense.

hehe, well, I'm not completely clear on it yet then...but I should just wait for it to be released I guess I was confused by the part in the top-middle of the screen that gave me the impression that you were able to browse by season. If someone could do that for SageMC, that would be a really nice feature.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
If someone could do that for SageMC, that would be a really nice feature.
Yep, it certainly would. I could also copy it then
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi All,

Is there a way to cycle through different fan art for each movie with this plugin? In other words I have 4 different fan arts for Cars, can I cycle through these?

It is an awesome plugin by the way!

Thanks,
Q
________
herbalaire reviews

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
Hi All,

Is there a way to cycle through different fan art for each movie with this plugin? In other words I have 4 different fan arts for Cars, can I cycle through these?

It is an awesome plugin by the way!

Thanks,
Q
Doesn't appear so.
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=288
Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Matt91.....

One other thing.... I am testing out the sagetv client and have just installed it. However it isn't using sageMC from the server. My 3 hd200's use SageMC fine. Is there a way to get the client to use SageMC from the server so I don't have to set it all up again?

Thanks,
Q
________
medical marijuana

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Q - on SageClient it looks for everything locally so you will have to install SageMC on the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV drive of the client. You can also try Sage PlaceShifter which uses everything from the server.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you... I just realized I put the question in the wrong forum .. sorry about that.

Q
________
extreme vaporizer

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Feature request…

Not sure if this has been expressed yet. I’d like to be able to navigate to the next or previous movie whilst in the full-screen AMIS/fanart mode. Right now one has to back out of the full-screen beautiful display move over one and then enter into the next title.

It would be clever to either use a channel up or down, or have another 2 options for Next/Back or something similar to allow quickly moving through movies in full-screen mode one-at-a-time.

Any chance for this?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

I thought about doing this but decided against it at the time. To be honest I'm not sure I want to support AMIS/TVIS anymore as I'm not overly keen on them, but we'll see. So in short the answer is most proberly going to be no, sorry.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Feature request…

Not sure if this has been expressed yet. I’d like to be able to navigate to the next or previous movie whilst in the full-screen AMIS/fanart mode. Right now one has to back out of the full-screen beautiful display move over one and then enter into the next title.

It would be clever to either use a channel up or down, or have another 2 options for Next/Back or something similar to allow quickly moving through movies in full-screen mode one-at-a-time.

Any chance for this?
I can do this now with AMIS. If you hit the skip right button it goes to the next movie in the list. I think this is what you are asking for. I just added the proper calls to pass the right info to AMIS from iMovie so I could do just what you are asking for. It is in the iMovies BETA posted in the thread.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Jaminben,

Would you mind if I took some of your images and code to use in iMovies. I would like to use your logic for User Ratings and the Media Info icons. I have been wanting these features, but have not been feeling like coding it all myself.

Thanks,
Josh