SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Jaminben,

Would you mind if I took some of your images and code to use in iMovies. I would like to use your logic for User Ratings and the Media Info icons. I have been wanting these features, but have not been feeling like coding it all myself.

Thanks,
Josh
Sure, not a problem. It would be interesting to see how you would do the coding. Mine is very simple but it seems to work so it'll do
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I thought about doing this but decided against it at the time. To be honest I'm not sure I want to support AMIS/TVIS anymore as I'm not overly keen on them, but we'll see. So in short the answer is most proberly going to be no, sorry.
So are you going to be abandoning them altogether or do you have something new in the works?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
So are you going to be abandoning them altogether or do you have something new in the works?
I'm not sure just yet. I have other ideas that I want to try and I think it would be easier all round to stop adding bits to both and start a fresh import. I haven't made my mind up yet and it proberly wont be made up until I see what the reaction to my new import is like.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not sure just yet. I have other ideas that I want to try and I think it would be easier all round to stop adding bits to both and start a fresh import. I haven't made my mind up yet and it proberly wont be made up until I see what the reaction to my new import is like.
You should just get Mike to include your new one as standard You obviously have interface design flair

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
You should just get Mike to include your new one as standard You obviously have interface design flair

Regards,

Nick.
It was discussed a long time ago but I think its still best all round to keep these imports seperate. Mike has enough work on his hands keeping SageMC upto date without bug hunting my imports as well. Maybe one day I'll package them into one import so you only have to do it once which will make it easier for everyone.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It was discussed a long time ago but I think its still best all round to keep these imports seperate. Mike has enough work on his hands keeping SageMC upto date without bug hunting my imports as well. Maybe one day I'll package them into one import so you only have to do it once which will make it easier for everyone.
Yes, you are probably right

I was just about to install AMIS, but I'll hang fire now until I see where you are going

I'm just happy to finally have FanArt working!

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Yes, you are probably right

I was just about to install AMIS, but I'll hang fire now until I see where you are going

I'm just happy to finally have FanArt working!

Regards,

Nick.
You can go ahead and install AMIS as nothing is going to change with that for a while yet.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

I must say I am surprised that you are considering abandoning these imports. However on the bright side if you are ready to give them up then whatever your working on must be really cool and I can't wait to see what else you've come up with. Thanks for all your hard work, If you hadn't made your imports I may not have really bothered with Fan Art at all as it was too cluttered with the previous layouts.

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ben,

I must say I am surprised that you are considering abandoning these imports. However on the bright side if you are ready to give them up then whatever your working on must be really cool and I can't wait to see what else you've come up with. Thanks for all your hard work, If you hadn't made your imports I may not have really bothered with Fan Art at all as it was too cluttered with the previous layouts.

Regards,
Brian
I started using SageMC again because of this import...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Sage Icon

Please do not abandon your imports. I would like to see the interface the same for both imported and recorded tv. Joining them into one import sounds nice too.

your work is more valued than you might imagine.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I agree, this import rocks and I would miss it.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

110% agree.... love these imports.... can't wait to see what your new import is as well. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Q
________
Kawasaki AR50

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

We'll see what happens. I have other ideas which I want to try and these wont work with previous versions so I would rather start with a clean slate. Trying to keep three imports upto date whislt working on other imports is a real headache, I've already over written my next master copy of AMIS which means I've got to redo the changes I'd made
Old 04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
We'll see what happens. I have other ideas which I want to try and these wont work with previous versions so I would rather start with a clean slate. Trying to keep three imports upto date whislt working on other imports is a real headache, I've already over written my next master copy of AMIS which means I've got to redo the changes I'd made
Ben, wasn't trying to make you feel bad about not supporting these anymore. I am hopeful that whatever new imports that you are working on will replace these old ones in some way and will be better than before. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

as always thanks for the hard work,

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Wonderful looking stuff!!!

However being a noob I totally confused on all of this, can I ask some very basic questions (sorry)?

My setup is a Media Server with Vista Ultimate on it and I will be using at least (2-3) HD200 boxes to stream to TVs in the home as well as (2) XBOX 360s.

Will this "plug-in" work for me on the HD200s and the cover art, posters, cast info, program info etc comes from IMDB and this has to be turned on in the settings menu on the Sage TV Server software installed on the Media PC ... correct?

Greg
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ben, wasn't trying to make you feel bad about not supporting these anymore.
Don't worry, I wasn't. I didn't even think it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS2000 View Post
Will this "plug-in" work for me on the HD200s and the cover art, posters, cast info, program info etc comes from IMDB and this has to be turned on in the settings menu on the Sage TV Server software installed on the Media PC ... correct?
You are correct. It will use posters/fanart/any metadata imported into the SageDB. Just install SageMC on the server then goto the HD200 and setup from there. It doesn't use IMDB images anymore, just those that are stored within the fanart folders.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage User

Gotcha.

Now the fanart folders are something stored at IMDB or are they in this update I will download?

Thanks!

Greg
Old 04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS2000 View Post
Gotcha.

Now the fanart folders are something stored at IMDB or are they in this update I will download?

Thanks!

Greg
This explains it quite well, I'm not sure how well Brent's Geektonic tutorials are updated but you could also take a look at them here.
Theres also countless other threads about fanart for you to read through
Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This explains it quite well, I'm not sure how well Brent's Geektonic tutorials are updated but you could also take a look at them here.
Theres also countless other threads about fanart for you to read through
Excellent thanks for the help!

Greg
Old 04-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updating

Hi
I would like to update to your most current build but its a little unclear on how to get back to a clean SageMC install. Would I have to install the complete sageMC package instead of their update package? I updated my install to the latest sageMC but your STVi was still in the import directory. So if you could just let me know the right way to do it I would appreciated it.

One other thing on my sagetv server (computer) your movie info screens look great (fanart is the right aspect ratio) but on my Samsung 750 the Fanart aspect ratio looks off. Ive played with the different aspect ratio settings to no avail. thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by veger69; 04-18-2009 at 01:15 PM.